Thank God for Lojack

Kmanlyst

So it seems someone wanted my bikes and broke into my storage unit to get them...

theft01.jpg

Glad the 250 had Lojack installed and was located/recovered a few hours ago, the Honda and my dad's Vstrom however are still missing and we will more than likely never see them again but mine is insured for theft so looking on the positive side I can replace it my dad is more than a little pissed seeing as he just got the 2013 model and setup the way he liked at least he still has this 2012 Vstrom. Why the hell do people take shit from others they cannot afford, it really just pisses me off to no end, I bust my ass to have my toys...I think it is time to look at a Metal Storm perimeter defense system for my bikes.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The storage company does have insurance i was unable to get a hold of them this late calling tomorrow, they found my 250 in the bed of a pickup heading to Marysville and charges have been filed against the driver. Not sure if he was responsible for the theft.

Karma did they stole a 250 :D all kidding aside that really does suck!!! Def check on insurance from the owners of the storage units.

hey don;t knock my 250 i love that thing =P. but they did get away with my 2012 Honda NC700x with only 100 miles on it.

The storage company does have insurance i was unable to get a hold of them this late calling tomorrow, they found my 250 in the bed of a pickup heading to Marysville and charges have been filed against the driver. Not sure if he was responsible for the theft.

Can't imagine a legit buyer being able to seal the deal that quickly.

I didn't want to put the bikes in a unit because of this fear but my dad is selling his house to move to Columbus to be closer to his grand kids and so we can ride more this up coming season and I don't have a garage yet but am on the wait list for one in my complex. should have just parked the damn things in my living room and put up with the bitching from my wife.

Glad you got it back. Maybe the pickup driver can help lead the police to the other bikes.

I set up a GPS tracking system for my vehicles using Meitrack VT310 trackers ($100 each), free software (OpenGTS) and GPRS Cellular service through Consumer Cellular that costs me about $12 per vehicle per month. The biggest difference between this and Lojack/OnStar is that *I* own the website and the tracking data so nobody else has access to it, but I can direct police towards a stolen vehicle. It also has the ability to operate up to 6 relays (horn, lights, unlock doors, cut engine etc) but I've yet to wire that up.

Glad you got it back. Maybe the pickup driver can help lead the police to the other bikes.

I set up a GPS tracking system for my vehicles using Meitrack VT310 trackers ($100 each), free software (OpenGTS) and GPRS Cellular service through Consumer Cellular that costs me about $12 per vehicle per month. The biggest difference between this and Lojack/OnStar is that *I* own the website and the tracking data so nobody else has access to it, but I can direct police towards a stolen vehicle. It also has the ability to operate up to 6 relays (horn, lights, unlock doors, cut engine etc) but I've yet to wire that up.

I may have to get with you after this whole thing is finished on how to set that up. I like Lojack I had it installed at the dealer when i bought the 250, was going to have it installed on the Honda after taxes came in.

I may have to get with you after this whole thing is finished on how to set that up. I like Lojack I had it installed at the dealer when i bought the 250, was going to have it installed on the Honda after taxes came in.

I'm also toying with the idea of being able to remotely trigger the airbags. That would be very easy (expensive to test, though) and I probably won't go to jail for it. Actually, I probably would. Shit.

Anyway, the trackers are very accurate, the software gives me a minute-by-minute location (although I'm looking to dial that back to 10 minute intervals to allow me to switch to cheaper data plan - I can set it back to 1 minute intervals in a fews seconds with a single sms message. I can activate the output relays with an SMS message. I'm looking to write a simple webpage that would allow me to click on buttons to sens SMS messages for things like "set lowest possible tracking interval" and "Activate hazard lights and 4ways" in the event of theft. Even as simple as having a relay that can deactivate all forward lighting so that if stolen at night the car would be almost impossible to drive outside of a city.

gps_location.jpg

The red placemarker is about 10' off from the actual physical location of the vehicle being tracked. The have been extremely reliable, no problems at all. The worst bit is you have to install the software on a computer at your house that is always on. You can use OpenGTS or GPSGate.

I didn't want to put the bikes in a unit because of this fear but my dad is selling his house to move to Columbus to be closer to his grand kids and so we can ride more this up coming season and I don't have a garage yet but am on the wait list for one in my complex. should have just parked the damn things in my living room and put up with the bitching from my wife.

This^ sorry to hear this man at least you got something to ride this season with me. I fucking hate thief's.

This^ sorry to hear this man at least you got something to ride this season with me. I fucking hate thief's.

Yeah still have the 250 until i replace the Honda which I may just put the money toward a 636 and make you jealous, maybe this the universe telling me I am not allowed to own a Honda.

Sorry to hear, glad you did recover the 250. You may want to check to see if any dealers also store bikes for the winter. Grover HD in piqua does, but thats a little far for you.

Was there any damage to the 250?

:mad: Damn how I hate thieves, wish the cops could've called you out to where they had the perp stopped so you could have had 5 minutes alone with the guy to "discuss" things. Glad the Ninja is back but sucks to lose any posessions to lesser beings that claim to be human. Like other's have said, hope he rolls over on everyone involved and they all end up in federal-pound-me-in-the-ass-prison until they've rectally bled out :nono:

Hit up Ebay and your local flea market this weekend and look for your other garage items. Years ago one of my best friends had everything in his garage stolen while he was on vacation. 3 or 4 months later his tools with his name engraved on them started showing up at a local flea market for sale.