Thank God for Lojack

Kmanlyst

post the pics and names of these dbags up

if i were you, i would be trying to ruin the lives of these people. call their employers, family, etc. thieves will continue to do business like this if you let them. i am all about creating a deterrent. the collective insurance rates across the nation depend on it too. the costs are far broader than everyone can see.

Edited by AWW$HEEET

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post the pics and names of these dbags up

if i were you, i would be trying to ruin the lives of these people. call their employers, family, etc. thieves will continue to do business like this if you let them. i am all about creating a deterrent. the collective insurance rates across the nation depend on it too. the costs are far broader than everyone can see.

Call their employer if they have one ask how much they pay them? They won't tell you but then tell them "I was just wondering because he thought he didn't get paid enough to buy a bike and stole mine." For any of his contacts you chat with end the conversation with "I wonder how much he's stolen from you?"

Just be careful to avoid slander and such.

slander involves an untruth. everything he would be saying would be completely true.

Or uses terms like "allegedly", "i believe" or "probably not altogether unlikely".

"He stole a motorbike and allegedly enjoys kicking puppies. I don't have proof that he eats baby bunnies alive, but I believe it is probably is not altogether unlikely."

yeah, seems these guys have been at the game for a while, discovered several others along with mine.

Nice. Some kind of theft tracker doesn't just protect your bike, but by tracking down the thieves it also helps protect other people's bikes too.

Well quick update both bikes have been totaled out. The storage units insurance company is going to cover all losses including accessories, so now I get to buy a new bike,tools, and stands and until I can get a garage in my complex it's going in my living room despite much protest from my wife.

yeah, seems these guys have been at the game for a while, discovered several others along with mine.
Well quick update both bikes have been totaled out. The storage units insurance company is going to cover all losses including accessories, so now I get to buy a new bike,tools, and stands and until I can get a garage in my complex it's going in my living room despite much protest from my wife.

Awesome news! Glad it worked out. May they all become bubba bitch.

Great news, have you checked with local bike dealership to see if they will store it?

I'm also toying with the idea of being able to remotely trigger the airbags. That would be very easy (expensive to test, though) and I probably won't go to jail for it. Actually, I probably would. Shit.

Anyway, the trackers are very accurate, the software gives me a minute-by-minute location (although I'm looking to dial that back to 10 minute intervals to allow me to switch to cheaper data plan - I can set it back to 1 minute intervals in a fews seconds with a single sms message. I can activate the output relays with an SMS message. I'm looking to write a simple webpage that would allow me to click on buttons to sens SMS messages for things like "set lowest possible tracking interval" and "Activate hazard lights and 4ways" in the event of theft. Even as simple as having a relay that can deactivate all forward lighting so that if stolen at night the car would be almost impossible to drive outside of a city.

gps_location.jpg

The red placemarker is about 10' off from the actual physical location of the vehicle being tracked. The have been extremely reliable, no problems at all. The worst bit is you have to install the software on a computer at your house that is always on. You can use OpenGTS or GPSGate.

How much data do you use for $12? This is really cool and I have a treasure trove of old PCs at my disposal to make a server. This may even lower my insurance so it could offset the data cost.