WTB: .22lr Semi Auto / Bolt Action Rifle

TimTheAzn

the worst part of all this is, i have the equipment needed to put a nice thread on the barrel but dont have a break in the machine schedule to do it. so i could just "save" myself the trouble of selling/buying but lose more than i'm "saving"

sad face

Im sure you know this since I think your a machinist but just in case, remember if you thread it yourself, you need to dial the barrel in and indicate off the bore and not the OD of the barrel. Threads should be concentric with the bore, not the barrel.

never hurts to have a reminder, thanks flounder.

my plan was to do a test cut with bar stock I have laying around (recreate barrel ID, indicate, create OD thread), check with my CMM (which will let me know concentricity in microns) and then set barrel, indicate, and run.

well... ok, that WAS my plan, but my production is non-stop until october, and while being a patient person, i'm not THAT patient... so I'll either buy one with threads on it or have a gun smith do mine. i think tom's got a friend who does good work, so I'll look into that if i really can't find a mkII with threaded barrel any time soon. stupid jerks, buying up even bolt action 22's.

I checked threading mine and it was about the same as the gun to have the service done...

get a hold of walther_gsp and see if his friendly local gun smith can help you out. maybe he'll give us a good deal if we both send our rifles in, or maybe we can arrange some group buy. i think speedytriple was talking about getting some barrels threaded and i'm sure there are others who want to mall ninja their shit