WTB: .22lr Semi Auto / Bolt Action Rifle

TimTheAzn

Hey guys, like the title says, I'm looking to buy a .22lr Semi Auto or Bolt Action Rifle. This is going to be mostly used to plink around in the backyard with friends. Looking for an accurate gun that already has some sort of optics already on it. As for price range, I'm not looking to drop $1000 on a .22 but I'm not known to do things "half assed" lol. Let me know what you guys got!

My local Wal Mart has had an M&P .22 forever. Unless someone bought it in the last week it's still there. $485 if I remember correctly.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_757786_-1_757784_757784_image

if i decide to sell my savage MKII TR so I can get one just like it but with factory threaded barrel, I'll let you know. it looks just like the one in this pic:

IMAG0017.jpg

I'm contemplating the same thing... I don't know which model of the MKII I have. Things are amazing little shooters.

10/22 is the only way to go for a good reliable plinker and there are soooooo many accessories made for it, so you can customize it later.

i disagree. i have a Remington 597 and couldnt be happier. its more accurate than a 10/22 from the factory. it doesnt have the aftermarket stock selection of the 10/22 but they are some really good ones. and plenty of aftermarket internals. its also lower priced than a basic 10/22 for a heavy barrel version with a scope.

but in saying that you cant go wrong with a 10/22 either.

Marlin 60sb is more accurate out of the box than a 10/22 according to some. Bolts in general are more accurate because of less moving parts. We're talking about a .22 here. The differences in the guns accuracy is minimal to a point you could hardly tell. To test this I'll try to bench test a Henry lever, savage bolt, marlin 60sb, savage old ass pump, old winchester semi, ruger 10/22, marlin lever action, I highly doubt there will be any difference. Maybe this spring.

I'm contemplating the same thing... I don't know which model of the MKII I have. Things are amazing little shooters.

Haha well hopefully you guys decide to sell before my lack of patience gets the better of me.... again

Sent from my iPhone

the worst part of all this is, i have the equipment needed to put a nice thread on the barrel but dont have a break in the machine schedule to do it. so i could just "save" myself the trouble of selling/buying but lose more than i'm "saving"

sad face