Greenville Falls

Limenine9r

Riding season is soon, I'm sharing yet another destination if anyone gets time.751BB2D6-06A4-44CC-B2DD-AB130F8875F9-6631-0000111790B44817.jpg....there's some fun roads around here, and a cool spot to take a break here at the falls....I've never seen the water this clear77957CA0-9502-4AFE-B01C-50E5D081114E-6631-000011178D5E62D1.jpg....then see if ya can find the "little painters creek", sugar grove - impressive scenery. 92BD3CC6-B7E1-4162-B31E-62EAB20FD538-6631-00001117891322F2.jpg

• Upvote 1

Yes - you call it lovers lane, I call it a goat trail, horseshoe bend is a must do....but if you're at the falls ya gotta follow Covington Gettysburg road over to Bears Mill, fun times. . . Maid Rites is good, and after April 1 ya gotta stop at Jim's Drive-In for the best Chilli Dogs EVER!!!

Ah, my old stompin' grounds. There's several points of interest there. My Dad worked the little substation on the southside of the river on Rangeline Rd for years back in the 70's, he used to take me mushroom hunting in the trails between the falls and the old water turbine silo. We would fill a gallon bucket with huge morels every season. Canoed all over that area as a kid/teen with him too. When he died, I planted a spruce tree on the point of the eastern most cliff top with some of his ashes and I also buried my dog out there. Love that area, tons of fond memories.

The road along Stillwater river is Owens Rd. It is absolutely beat to shit and not much fun to ride. Rough, chunked, gravel and leaf covered....but still worth a look once in a while to remind me why I hate it :D

Used to bridge jump by the old church into Painter's Creek. My folks bought a few old rundown scout cabins behind the church that we tore down and repurposed the lumber onto our barn and outbuildings. My first squirrel hunting experience was in the woods behind the graveyard by that church too.

Stayed many a weekend in the old Brethren cottage on Owens there along the Stillwater river, and if you walk Painter's Creek southwest from the cottage there's an area we called "the flats" where its only a foot or 2 deep and virtually a smooth flat section that 6" indian craws can be found by the pound if you have a seine handy to scoop em up.

We used to catch huge channel catfish out on the island where Painter Creek feeds into the Stillwater too, but haven't fished that area in almost 20 years.

I like Falknor Rd for a short easy cruise to take in the old stack stone wall that borders the roadside thats well over 150 years old. Some cool stuff all around that area but the riding isnt chock full of twisties, its sort of broken up amongst long chipsealed stretches.

Hey hellmutt..... Would you believe my dad slid on ice on lovers lane there and him with his milk truck went down backwards into the river........ Screwd that truck up. I used to ride my bicycle from covington to bradford to see the grandparents n then ride back. Always hated the damn dogs along the way...... :)

This whole area is where I grew up. In high school two guys crashed there, one died. Then a different crash of 4 they ended up in the river on ice then broke through, they lived. In drivers ed to pass our class in school our teacher made us back up the Horseshoe Bend hill without stopping. One girl couldn't do it, I don't think she drives to this day, scared for life. And that hill is where we used to ride power wheels w/o motors in the dark. Fun as Hell!!! :)