AAC Suppressor group buy

8mmDale

• 2 weeks later...
OK, I don't know squat about these. What would I have to do to mount one of these on my m4? Done some Googling and it looks like maybe unscrew the flash hider and then screw on the AAC? What say the gun experts? Thank ya.

AAC does have a QD suppressor and flash hider set up or a brake. You could go that route if you wanted.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=1913

Have these been actually ordered yet or what is the current plan?
I heard Wed. the order goes out, so I plan on going in Tuesday.

Yes the first order has been sent but we are sending one more because we had another person come in with a large order so you have a second chance if you come in today or Weds. We're closed Tues

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They sent us FedEx tracking number for a shipment we will have tomorrow. Unfortunately, no invoice so I don't know what all is in the box. The weight it showed does not seem to be enough for the entire order. I will let you know tomorrow

ok. can you let me know if my stuff arrives in that package? i'll be in cbus sat and sun.

Damn, you're more anxious then a first time pedophile sitting out in front of the elementary school on the first day of class.

shhh.... the adults are talking.

Next time you should order a Templar Can, he's been getting them to us in 4 weeks or less.

i'm going to address this with you privately.

Posting this here as some of you are not on Facebook. This is a copy of the statement put on FB by Dale last night addressing the delay. It is out of our hands but we are pressing them. When they come in though I will make every effort to meet up with guys that want to shoot and bring your cans with me so you can have visitation with them during the ATF wait.

UPDATE ON THE AAC GROUP BUY! PLEASE READ!

I know that alot of you guys are pissed about the time its taken for this to happen. The orders were all placed back when we did the order in Feb/Apr. The distributor has been slowly sending me copies of the submitted form 3's (dealer to dealer transfer) for the entire order. Some of the form 3's are dated as early as May 11th. This means that when we placed the order, they were out of stock at the distributor and they had to wait for AAC to restock them (also a form 3, as well as a form 2 if they were not made yet). All this takes 2-3 weeks NORMALLY. But as most of you know, this year has not been normal in the gun hobby.

Here's where we are: Almost every form 3 has been sent in for the order, however there were a couple of cans that are still not in stock at the distributor. The SDN6's were all mailed off mid-June, so at this point the ATF is just taking a really long time to approve something that should be as easy as checking to see if my license is still valid. I'm sorry that neither Todd nor myself have been able to give you guys any better updates than "I have no idea". I know its unacceptable and we are trying to get more information from the distributor (Major Malfunction).

A refund is an option at any time, however with the form 3's being submitted, M3 has already taken my payment. I don't have the cash on hand to issue a refund before M3 sends me a refund.

Please be patient for a little bit longer; I will keep hounding M3 to find out whats going on and why this is taking so long. In the meantime, I am looking into the possibility of renting a range so everyone can shoot their toys when they do finally come in.

Thanks alot guys,

Dale

Dale also posted an excellent letter he wrote to a congressman regarding the crazy wait times with ATF.

I'm satisfied with the response, and am waiting to hear word from the distributor on my specific cans before i decide on whether i want to switch to a different can or not.

Dale also posted an excellent letter he wrote to a congressman regarding the crazy wait times with ATF.

I'm satisfied with the response, and am waiting to hear word from the distributor on my specific cans before i decide on whether i want to switch to a different can or not.

That he did, here is a copy of that too for those interested.

Here is a copy of the letter I just sent to my congressman, Steve Stivers:

Congressman Stivers,

My name is Dale Royster and I am a Hilliard resident as well as a small business owner. I am a licensed federal firearms dealer and have been in business since 2010; my shop is actually only a couple of miles from your home office.

I am writing to you today to make you aware of a problem that many legal gun dealers like me are currently experiencing with government red tape and needless bureaucracy.

One of the aspects of my business is selling title 2 (“class 3”) firearms such as machine guns and suppressors to collectors and law enforcement officers. As you are likely aware, the National Firearms Act of 1934 levied a tax on the transfer of these items. In the past, this has been accepted by most people in the gun collector’s world as a necessary evil.

When a customer would like to purchase a suppressor from me, I have to order it from my distributor like any other retail item (assuming it’s not in stock). At this point my distributor must file an application to transfer the item to me that used to take a week or two to be approved. This makes no sense as they should need nothing more than to verify my license is still valid!

Once the item arrives at my store, the customer must come in and fill out the application to transfer the item to themselves. This process at one time took around 60-90 days if they were extremely busy at the NFA branch. In the meantime, the dealer has to store the item in a secure area (such as an expensive safe) until the transfer is approved. The customer cannot take his property until this form is approved.

Currently, the approval times on form 3 (dealer to dealer) transfers are taking months! On the form 4 transfer (dealer to customer), the transfer approvals are taking anywhere from 9 months to a year. One year to do what is basically a standard 4473 NICS background check! Anyone not prohibited from possessing a firearm can own these items; a special license or extra scrutiny is not a requirement of the law.

This is UNACCPETABLE and it puts an unreasonable burden on my business in several ways: First, I have difficult time selling merchandise because I have to convince a customer that waiting for his property for over a year is worth it. Second, I have to store the property that they have already paid for in some cases over a year. Would you feel comfortable spending well over a thousand dollars on an item that you could not take home for a year?

Back in February we had a sale on AAC suppressors and offered excellent pricing because we were able to buy in bulk. I wrote a check for $22,000 dollars to my distributor, as well as a sales tax check to the state of Ohio. As I write this letter, not a single one of these items has been approved for transfer to my store. One of my biggest customers is a local security contractor who operates overseas. Because I have been waiting for these suppressors so long, my customers are beginning to ask for refunds. They have already been waiting for 4 months to fill out transfer paperwork that will likely take a year to process. This means that I have to pay back not only the $22,000 I sent the distributor, but I have to pay back the margin the customer paid. Not to mention I have to wait on a refund from the state of Ohio for the sales tax paid on these purchases.

My business is suffering because the ATF will not take the steps necessary to process paperwork in a timely manner, and I am forced to invest more and more of my limited capital in purchasing safes to store these items for long periods. I cannot stay in business when more and more of my customers are becoming dissatisfied with me because of this poor public service.

Keep in mind that this problem is affecting gun dealers and their customers across the country; I am by no means suffering this problem alone. My hopes are that you can investigate this problem yourself and find a solution soon. Trust me when I say that between your district and the district of Congressman Tiberi, there are MANY people who buy these items AND VOTE!

Sir, we appreciate your service to our country and the State of Ohio;

Your constituent,

Dale Royster

• Upvote 1