Wanted: Dirt Bike

Bitani

So, y'all might have seen my "Help me spend my money" thread. Everything in there is still relevant, just so you know I'm not just some "change my mind on the fly" guy. What I thought was going to be $2,000 ended up looking like it's going to cost more like $500, so... I can look into other things I've been wanting badly! (Plus all of the maintenance I talked about in there is definitely even more relevant for dirt biking. :p)

I am looking for a dirt bike around the $1,000-$1,500 range; could be a little more or (feel free!) a little less. I'm open to anything - I trust that the members of OR will lead me in the right direction! (Oh god is that a bad idea? ;))

I'm an "aspiring" dirt bike rider at this point, but I've been looking at them for something around half a year-a year so.. yeah. There's my experience with dirt.

I'm young enough to be some of you's kid, so .. wouldn't you want to give your kid a good deal? :rolleyes:

Post up!

Where you going to ride and how are you going to get it there?

I would love to pick up a street legal dirt bike as well but the WHERE to ride is something I haven't solved for. Driving halfway across the state isn't a viable option and I don't like MX tracks.

One of these days I will buy some spread with a 1000 acres or bordering on BML land. Till then a cr500, xr650 or KTM exc will have to wait.

Now, if you can solve that where issue locally, I might have to join you.

I have a TTR 225 that I will be selling. Electric start. Runs well. Missing some plastic so cosmetics are a bit off but like I said runs well. Good trail bike or beginner dirt bike.

$850 OBO. I'll look for some pics if interested.

Mary

I have a TTR 225 that I will be selling. Electric start. Runs well. Missing some plastic so cosmetics are a bit off but like I said runs well. Good trail bike or beginner dirt bike.

$850 OBO. I'll look for some pics if interested.

Mary

where is this located? my girlfriend has been looking for one and we're driving to columbus tomorrow with the trailer.

Crf/xr100's are cheap, unkillable, and everywhere.

Mine was $475. For trail use, it would have been fine as it was. I'm maybe a couple hundred into it setting it up for mini sumo racing.

It will do 40mph, which is faster than I want to go on dirt :-P