97 Honda cbr600

bshultz0930

Well I went out this morning and went to get on my cbr. Started great. Everytime I shift into gear it dies. Clutch switch works fine. The kick stand light goes up when kicked. Trans is not locked up. Is there a seperate system on the stand to kill is that's not in junction with the light?

alright, well now that my kids are asleep i did a little more investigating. the kick stand switch is working. when kicked up i have the ground i should have coming through the switch its self, now im looking for the diode that it goes through next to see if i have it there and past it, but i cant find the diode, went through every page of the manual but i havent googled it yet.

Well after bringing home proper tools, it's fixed. When I bought the bike, guy said he just put a ignition control module on it and everything was running fine. That was about 6 months ago. Rechecked all the wiring and found where the kick stand wire goes into the connector for the module the terminal had backed out enough not to touch. So I pushed it back in and wahla!