A road trip in February?

motociclista

Well I'm glad y'all approve because there were times when I was droning along the interstate that I felt far less than "awesome" or "excellent." It was more like: Why am I spending two entire days on interstates just for two days of 65 and 70-degree weather? :rolleyes:

Almost the entire ride home was 48 degrees. It was 48 degrees in my cousin's driveway at 6:45 a.m. in Georgia and it was 48 degrees in my parents' driveway at 4 p.m. in West Virginia. I got further north at the same rate that the day warmed up. It was a little colder yet when I got to Columbus.

Oh well, we do what we do and figure out the justifications later, right?

February in Ohio does strange things to the mind. Like pushing me to find any excuse for a road trip.

Very true! and very envious. Last February, my buddy came down from Minneapolis (to escape the cold) and we rode south into Alabama and back. We spent 5 days on the road and ran into "nice" (read: COLD) weather down in Alabama. The trip back north to Cincinnati was warmer than it was in Alabama. Ate some damn good BBQ though and would do it again in a heartbeat! :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Headed down to bro-in-law and seester....he just texted me....had to mow the lawn yesterday....I sprinkled salt on walk to melt snow....so even though not on bike, I 'll be down in 60*....shouldn't be much traffic on the Dragon's Tail though....oh yeah, they live at north end of 129....body surfing anyone?