Chatterbox mounting

redbarron77

I have an older(but still working) chatterbox that I removed from my old helmet.

It was attached via some sort of white-double-sided-cushion-type tape.

New lid just showed up.

What should I use to move it to the new one without screwing either the helmet or the chatterbox up?

Thanks!

It's that white double sided 3M stuff that is in the picture hanging section of any hardware store. Might have to double it up to make it thick enough. I have done that many times with no issues.

The Chatterbox I had was a kit that came with the side lid clip. Your's isn't equipped I take it, so the double sided tape will work if you get the stoutest stuff that WONT damage the finish. Personally, if I had to tape mine on, I'd go with heavy velcro strips so it "could" be removed if need be :dunno:

Either one of the mentioned double sided tapes will work well with no damage to the helmet or mounting device I have used all three methods and they work quite well, just let it set up for 24hrs for full adhesion.

Edited by Kmanlyst

The Chatterbox I had was a kit that came with the side lid clip. Your's isn't equipped I take it, so the double sided tape will work if you get the stoutest stuff that WONT damage the finish. Personally, if I had to tape mine on, I'd go with heavy velcro strips so it "could" be removed if need be :dunno:

it has the clip, the the clip needs to be adhered to the new helmet.

I'll hit Lowe's or Home Depot to grab the heavy duty mounting tape, and see what happens.

it has the clip, the the clip needs to be adhered to the new helmet.

I'll hit Lowe's or Home Depot to grab the heavy duty mounting tape, and see what happens.

Grainger sells the 3M VHB tape, I picked up a small roll for $8.00