New DPMS Oracle AR15's @ $799 NOW

Helmutt

They went quick, figured if someone wanted a decent starter rifle that the pricing wasn't too hateful for the current market. This same gun is/was selling at gun shows for $1200 in the last couple months.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I snagged one. Though no mention of FFL shipping.

This space intentionally left blank to avoid offending anyone

There's a disclaimer listed that transfers are only through licensed FFL dealers. Looked at a pair of lowers and would've just included my local gunshops info in the changed ship-to address with fax/phone. When it lands there I would just need to head to the gunshop for paperwork and pickup

Edited by Hellmutt

Sad that this was actually a 'decent' deal when just 6 months ago we were fighting over $600 rifles. A guy would spend about the same on a build ( with better equip ) but be elbow deep in backorder

Complete uppers can be had now and then but PRICEY. Wife's bro is gonna supply an upper for one of the lowers to build for her Dad ( BDay gift ) and the other lower will go in the safe for a while until the right goods come along to build it. No rush on it since 5.56 is rough enough to find for 2, much less 3 rifles

$.50/rd was ridiculous, but is about avg price these days. Plan to stash up casings to reload, and pickup deals off the shelf as we can to keep it as inexpensive as possible. Our local dealer has brass .223 limits 100rd/day @ $.40/rd ( $9 a box ) just need to stop in more often to bag my limit :D

Point Blank used to have it for $8/box. Limit 2 per visit. So I'd go in every so often and get 2 more. Then they raises their prices to $12/box. Other dealers

are getting $11 to $12/box as well, and limit quantities in each visit. Haven't seen it anywhere cheaper, if I can find it at all.

I snagged one.

Congrats man, glad somebody here got in on this deal. Shit flys out of stock faster than most of us can get on the dealers home page. They may get more in soon, I'll keep my eyes peeled and revive this thread if they do in case another member has money to burn.

Thanks for the heads up! I don't need one. Bought an almost identical model a month or so ago for $850, but w the "bullet button". But I couldn't pass up the deal. May sell to my BIL when/if he gets funds. Or put on arms list for a profit. (Is that wrong?:)

As sad as it is I could live with $0.50 a a round ammo. all I'm finding local is $0.80 and up! My big issue right now is finding a bolt group for my deployed daughters build. She just spent another $650 on her final upgrades, FDE furniture, EOTech, GG&G quick release all that on top off all the other money she dumped into it. Glad we started the build before the scare. I'll be on the phone hunting for the bolt Monday.

Just bought another 820 round military ammo can this morning. $425 each. Not great price but not horrible.

NoBama 2012

Where are you buying these at? And, are they brass?

As sad as it is I could live with $0.50 a a round ammo. all I'm finding local is $0.80 and up! My big issue right now is finding a bolt group for my deployed daughters build. She just spent another $650 on her final upgrades, FDE furniture, EOTech, GG&G quick release all that on top off all the other money she dumped into it. Glad we started the build before the scare. I'll be on the phone hunting for the bolt Monday.

BCG's are very hard to find, but we have help with building one for the wife's Dad and the other is currently deemed a spare part for now. Like Speedy said earlier it may have been more advantageous to buy a complete rifle @ $799 and part it out for your build plus spares

Just bought another 820 round military ammo can this morning. $425 each. Not great price but not horrible.

NoBama 2012

Tracers? If so be real careful with those. If not, very curious where you're finding them. I'll gladly buy one from you.

Tracers? If so be real careful with those. If not, very curious where you're finding them. I'll gladly buy one from you.

Yes. Tracer. Why be careful?

I've used 2 boxes so far. No issues, other than I don't see any actual tracer. Should it show in daylight?

You should see it light up in daylight. Just be careful not to shoot at anything that could catch fire. Those tracers like to keep burning.

So the tannerite was a bad idea? ;)

FYI - I had some time to kill in the Montgomery area this morning so I stopped in Point Blank to look at their gun safes. When I breezed through, it looked to me like they had quite a few semi-autos in stock. Definitely 10+ AR's (not sure of the brand) and what looked to be a SCAR and a handful of the black AK's. There weren't any sales guys at the desk at the moment so I didn't ask exactly what they had.

M196 Tracer (red or orange tip) M16A1 only 1:9 - 1:12 twist

M856 Tracer (red or orange tip) M16A2/3/4 and M4-series weapons 1:7 twist

Natchez American Eagle (Lake City) 64gr M856 (out of stock)

Cheaper Than Dirt American Eagle M856 (shows in stock)

Lucky Gunner M196 bulk (out of stock)

edit: one more: Texas Gunworks belted 1-4 M856/M855 in bulk cans (shows in stock)

Armslist etc usually has some. People strip them off of 1 to 4 machine gun linked ammo.

Do not make a habit of firing tracer continuously. Bad for barrel.

In combat tracers are used to mark a target for group fire. A leader will mark the target by firing a couple of tracer rounds or even a full magazine. Everyone else quickly fires at the same target area. Expect return fire at the source of the tracers...

edit: I think Vance's briefly had cans of 820 .223 tracer, when ammo was hard to find.

Edited by ReconRat