stereotypes opinionated, mc clubs.

robdot

Actually, most stereotypes are stereotypes because they are more often true than not. The Wayans family has made a fortune off of stereotypes.

A lot of people here seem to have some very strong opinions on motorcycle clubs, and harley riders. And like most stereotypes, your (sic) wrong. For many years i was a member of a 3 patch motorcycle club that was harley only members. The only reason i joined this club was because they were not afraid to ride their motorcycles. Over a 5 year period i rode 2 different bikes 80.000 miles. All with a motorcycle club. All on harleys. Drinking and riding was greatly discouraged. We went anywhere at anytime. rain, dry, hot or cold. MOST people who own motorcycles dont ride them. It has nothing to do with model, make, or club. Around 10 years ago when i bought my first bike, a sportster, i quickly learned that NO ONE rides their bike. Most people ride to the bar, or a poker run , or a bike night. 1000 or 2000 miles a year is quite common. I learned that all my friends who i thought were bikers, were not bikers. They would not ride farther than 50 miles. they would not ride at night. they would not ride at the slightest hint of rain, or wind, or excessive heat. A trip all the way to the smokies? No way. I simply started going on my own. Then i met this club. So everything you guys say about mc clubs is wrong. My experience tells me the exact opposite. Go down to the local quaker steak and see all the sport bikes with some girl on the back in shorts and flip flops. Revving up and down the parking lot. This club had regular rallys and events, but these events took me to the adirondacks, canada,michigan and the u.p.. over big mac, etc. Our club rides took me to brp. smokies.cherohala skyway, kentucky derby, new river gorge, wv. virginia, etc. etc. etc. While you guys were trailering your bikes to deals gap, we took a 6 day ride through the midland trail and the new river gorge, summerville lake, the parkway, and the snake (hwy 421). This club had presidents, road captains, and all the things you guys love to make fun of. But i am positive my small chapter rode more than all you guys put together... I am no longer in that club, i was without a bike for 2 years, and iv moved, i was really hoping to meet some new people for new experiences.
Edited by YSR_Racer_99

I've never seen one 1% club that didn't demand you ride a Harley. A lot of them require you ride a Harley with an 80 inch motor or bigger and a lot of them require you to sign the title of your bike over to the club so that they can punish you by taking your bike away.

It's really awesome that a grown man would voluntarily let another grown man decide what kind of motorcycle he is allowed to ride then, if necessarcy, punish him by taking that motorcycle away.

That's totally cool and super bad ass.

It's really awesome that a grown man would voluntarily let another grown man decide what kind of motorcycle he is allowed to ride then, if necessarcy, punish him by taking that motorcycle away.

That's totally cool and super bad ass.

not to mention your girlfriend or wife becomes club property along with any other property or vehicles you own

not to mention your girlfriend or wife becomes club property along with any other property or vehicles you own

That seems like a completely reasonable solution to getting rid of slightly used wives, property, and vehicles. It's a very progressive model that was obviously designed by highly intelligent people. Only the most astute individuals would be likely to follow such a brilliant plan.

I can't think of any improvements with the possible exception of adding large amounts of body odor.

Edited by Tpoppa

That seems like a completely reasonable solution to getting rid of slightly used wives, property, and vehicles. It's a very progressive model that was obviously designed by highly intelligent people. Only the most astute individuals would be likely to follow such a brilliant plan.

I can't think of any improvements with the possible exception of adding large amounts of body odor.

The no shower rule is an implied rule, no need for it to be listed as a requirement, I thought everybody knew that :confused:

I took my KTM to a QSL night once. I learned that was a very confusing thing to do as leather vest riders kept coming up and asking who makes that bike.:wtf: I think the black and orange color confused them too much to read the tank. :rolleyes:

KTMinaseaofchrome2.jpg

Has anyone here ever been passed by a motorcycle club?

I saw about 100 of them gathered at a random meeting spot in the valley last year when they were taking off in groups of 25-30 and I just happened to get stuck between two of the groups and what a sight it was. I assume they were riding to the local Winking Lizard which was maybe 5 miles away but who knows. I forget what the club name was exactly, Erie MC or something like that.

On a side note, is a girl with a Sons of Anarchy vest technically considered a Daughter of Anarchy? :confused: I thought the whole Sons of Anarchy club was a joke until I saw the woman with the SoA vest and a local city patch on it..

[

Has anyone here ever been passed by a motorcycle club?

Every weekend and always going the opposite direction. This past year I only managed a little over 11.000 miles on the bike but only 1.5 years until I retier then the real ride time starts.

Edited by HeavyDuty