stereotypes opinionated, mc clubs.

robdot

A lot of people here seem to have some very strong opinions on motorcycle clubs, and harley riders. And like most stereotypes, your wrong. For many years i was a member of a 3 patch motorcycle club that was harley only members. The only reason i joined this club was because they were not afraid to ride their motorcycles. Over a 5 year period i rode 2 different bikes 80.000 miles. All with a motorcycle club. All on harleys. Drinking and riding was greatly discouraged. We went anywhere at anytime. rain, dry, hot or cold. MOST people who own motorcycles dont ride them. It has nothing to do with model, make, or club. Around 10 years ago when i bought my first bike, a sportster, i quickly learned that NO ONE rides their bike. Most people ride to the bar, or a poker run , or a bike night. 1000 or 2000 miles a year is quite common. I learned that all my friends who i thought were bikers, were not bikers. They would not ride farther than 50 miles. they would not ride at night. they would not ride at the slightest hint of rain, or wind, or excessive heat. A trip all the way to the smokies? No way. I simply started going on my own. Then i met this club. So everything you guys say about mc clubs is wrong. My experience tells me the exact opposite. Go down to the local quaker steak and see all the sport bikes with some girl on the back in shorts and flip flops. Revving up and down the parking lot. This club had regular rallys and events, but these events took me to the adirondacks, canada,michigan and the u.p.. over big mac, etc. Our club rides took me to brp. smokies.cherohala skyway, kentucky derby, new river gorge, wv. virginia, etc. etc. etc. While you guys were trailering your bikes to deals gap, we took a 6 day ride through the midland trail and the new river gorge, summerville lake, the parkway, and the snake (hwy 421). This club had presidents, road captains, and all the things you guys love to make fun of. But i am positive my small chapter rode more than all you guys put together... I am no longer in that club, i was without a bike for 2 years, and iv moved, i was really hoping to meet some new people for new experiences.

Edited by robdot
clarification
  • Downvote 1

You're one of the few that rides then. I applaud your club if it is a Riding club. I have never trailered my bike to any destination. Have ridden a sport bike many times over 10k miles a year with little commuting. There are exceptions to all stereotypes and it seems your club might be one of them. There are good guys on here who enjoy racking up the miles, you just have to cut through the snarky comments to find them..

Dude, you have 10 posts... untwist your panties...

Some people here do take pot shots at "biker gangs"... not all of us.

In fact, some people here belong to a mc club, or 2 or 3.

But it sounds like you agree with most of what is said about them, and you found one of the rare clubs that is an exception to the rule.

Personally I'd never join a riding club that had all of that bullshit structure because I just find it utterly stupid.

On the rare occasion that I ride as a part of a group, we decide who leads the ride, and the order of the group based on who knows the roads and the route best, and the skill of the riders in the group, not based on what patch you happen to wear.

• Upvote 2

Yea all the shit you have to do or pledge to or what ever to be in MC is dumb. Harley only club is also dumb, why discriminate on type of ride, Ill ride with a HD, Honda, Triumph, what ever. If you can have a group of people ride what you want, when you want, how you want and not have to jump through hoops to be a part of that's where ill be, wait a min I'm already here. Its about the quality of the people not the "status" of the club or your "place" there in. Most of the HD stereo types I don't like are weekend poker running, bar hopping, drunk driving soccer moms and dads that think they are bad asses just because they "own" a HD with shiney stuff that sits in a parking lot 90% of the time. But to each their own I guess.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 2

Never been to Quaker state in my life an put 15k+ on my bike last year. Plan on putting more this year. Some people on here can confirm that I ride no matter what the weather :cool:

But' date=' seriously.... sounds like you actually like to ride. That's cool. This is the place for you. A lot of us ride. We ride long days and restrict ourselves to 2-lane twisty roads. We wear our proper riding gear and don't let up until we're exhausted, or until we hit something.

So, our stereo-typing is nothing more than lighthearted ribbing. Don't take your shit so seriously. It's just an internet forum, brother. :)[/quote']

^^This

I mean the midget kept riding after going off road on the Dream Ride last year :lol:

I have nothing against clubs it's the squids that come on here and 2 posts in they are wanting to start a club or the idiots I see posting on craigslist wanting to start a club. I have a problem with authority and really dislike rules so no way I'd ever consider joining a club.

• Upvote 2

I have nothing against clubs it's the squids that come on here and 2 posts in they are wanting to start a club or the idiots I see posting on craigslist wanting to start a club. I have a problem with authority and really dislike rules so no way I'd ever consider joining a club.

Bingo!!! Hell the only reason I was even in a fraternity in college was because we were completely dysfunctional and ended up really just being a bunch of dudes that partied all the damn time. The only person that tells me what to do is myself....

....and sometimes the girlfriend

• Upvote 2

Bingo!!! Hell the only reason I was even in a fraternity in college was because we were completely dysfunctional and ended up really just being a bunch of dudes that partied all the damn time. The only person that tells me what to do is myself....

....and sometimes the girlfriend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP4O6l5zbN4

If you need a club to motivate you to ride then go join a club. If you need leather jacket and patches to feel special then get them. It's when you feel the club and patches give you more rights than someone else that you go wrong.

• Upvote 1