think I might be a cruiser guy....

Gixxus Christ!

Bought my first cruiser, a vt1100 last fall and finally got it on the road. Before that I owned either inline four or v twin sport bikes. I originally bought the shadow to have something comfy for the wife to get on the back of but I'm really digging it. Its got decent power and is pretty comfy. My TL1000s is currently in need of repair due to putting it in a ditch last fall and my plan was to restore it to its former glory and ride it but now I may sell it and just ride the shadow.... Anyway, I'm diggin the cruiser for now.

It's just a phase. You've outgrown childish things' date=' like supersports and think cruisers might be a good place to stab your flag. It won't last and you'll soon yearn for fantastic handling, corner speed and the appeal of sport-touring glory.

You'll be back, but until then... enjoy yourself, EasyRider. :)[/quote']

My dream bike is either a new c14 or fjr1300. I'd settle for a vfr800 but the wife would hate it.

Why? My girl doesn't mind the vfr

Same...and mine will complain about anything!

It's funny cause I thought I was a sport bike guy and had to have a CBR to compliment the VFR but I was wrong, hated the CBR after a full season on only the VFR

She's a sissy and needs a bar....she's hated it on the back of all my sportbikes, being up high and hunched over, feet too high up etc... I've never sat bitch on a viffer so maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't look much different than a sportbike.

I sat on a cruiser today, a 2013 Suzuki Boulevard, and while it is very different from what I'm used to with sport bikes, with the right seat (stocker was a tad too wide) I might grow to like it.

Also, that particular bike weighs over 700 #'s but it felt light - guess the weight sits low on it.

Don't let them guilt ya. Cruisers are fine and perfect for taking the ladies for a ride. My wife will only ride the bagger and it is perfect for putting her purse in one bad and a 6 pack for her winey self in the other bag.

She loves being the B.O.B.

I've been through the whole cruiser phase, it lasted about three years. It taught me a couple things, one is I will never own a cruiser ever again and the second is a scooter will do everything a cruiser will do and in most cases better. I definitely spent more two up time during that time and it stayed that way until the scooter was acquired. Cruisers hurt my back and I could never spend much time riding, I know why constant bar stops are needed when perusing that type of riding, you need to get off of the torture racks.

When I decide to get more comfortable for the flat boring part of my rides it will be on a sport tourer or a Goldwing with an adventure tourer being a strong contender as well. I wish the new KTM Adventure 1190 had 17’s as wheel sizes for tire choices ala the Multistrada. I don’t want to be a Duc douche, although some guys can pull it off.

I get people's attraction to cruisers if they fit you, some can't ride a sport bike because they kill their backs, for me it is the opposite. You need to enjoy your free time and it shouldn't hurt, if cruisers fit that bill you are crazy to ride something else. However scooters have more to offer.

I switched to cruiser.... ok more like rolling lazy boy but I will never go back to sport bikes for me the laid back feeling is so comfy.... I can do a 1000 mile day and not be sore at all with my zx14 after a day like that I dreaded getting back on the bike the next morning