Please Help!!

Kmanlyst

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a "learning experience".

I know, just would like it better if it were a learning experience that wasn't a month away from the group ride. At this rate if I keep on working on it it will be down the whole season lol.

It would be nice if you had a infrared thermometer,and could tell if both head pipe are the same temp,so you could tell if it running on both cyclinders,that would narrow the promble m down.

Just put your hands on them when they are cold and see if one seems to be heating up significantly faster than the other one.

Roley told me about your problem. If you pulled the plugs and they were black, that means you were running to rich. This was caused by the new pipe. It changed how your engine breaths. Use the adjustment screw on your carbs to lean our your mixture until it runs rough (turn it very slowly), then turn it back a half turn towards rich. This should give you the right mixture. I'm sure you can find lots of videos on youtube about carb adjustment.