A Tale of Two Triumphs

jbot

So after it was all stripped down, started putting things back together. My favorite part of the whole build, this bit of titanium that's like a piece of art. I've never actually worked with titanium before, and man is this crap light!

IMGP0168_zpsd2d3a715.jpg

IMGP0170_zpsddfe3272.jpg

IMGP0171_zps2a18157f.jpg

And a lot of other parts sourced mostly from Riders Discount.

Attack Performance rearsets. Love these things, one of the only rearsets on the market that you can switch to GP shift, keep the shift shaft going through the frame, and works with the factory quickshifter. Plus they look sweet too.

IMGP0173_zps3768eccc.jpg

New 520 chain and a few different sprockets so I can mess with gearing changes, and GB racing chain guard:

IMGP0183_zps50ffb2f9.jpg

GB racing engine covers all around:

IMGP0185_zpsc308b7ef.jpg

Apex GP clip ons, took a bit of work to get them to fit right:

IMGP0174_zps2355d2c5.jpg

And bodywork has been drilled and mounted. Off to paint next.

IMGP0172_zpsbd0065b0.jpg

And last because I am super anal/OCD, I started modifying the wiring harness to get rid of all the extra crap I don't need anymore. So far I got rid of all the connectors and wiring to the EPA crap, exhaust exup valve, O2 sensor, and kickstand switch. I plan to remove the wires, connectors, and relays for headlights, turn signals, tail lights, horn, etc. and anything else that gets in my way. Putting the upper fairing on is a bit of a pain, all the fuses/relays get in the way. So any relays still needed and the fuse box itself are getting relocated to under the tank.

I don't need this crap:

IMGP0186_zps4e052742.jpg

Spaghetti:

IMGP0187_zpsa9a8012e.jpg

Very nice, gonna get the fairing attack painted?

Probably not, only cause I'd have to drive to Columbus to drop them off, and then back to pick them up.

I have a local guy who did a nice job on another set I had painted. Considering using him or possibly trying to paint them myself. I think jbot has access to a paint booth.

Tell me he really is, please. Dude if I offer to pay some of the paint will you? Wait, I probably will buy new body work in the next year, so I'll jsut paint mine rainbow. Then I will have Rainbow Warrior Racing. Boom I caleld it.

I miss you, let's play.

So not much to update, I'm working on this exhaust for jbot. Once I finish it we are going to take the bikes to Hord Power for custom tunes. Lucky for us, he tunes with TuneECU which is a free software you can tune with and it flashes the ECU. No Power Commander/TuneBoy/Bazzaz needed.

Cut off the stock merge collector, exup valve, and cat. Gonna weld in a custom 3-1 merge collector and straight pipe to make a "race" header. Interested to see the results of his bike with my custom exhaust vs. mine with a full Arrow. I've made a few of these exhausts for the 675, and the last guy I made one for gained about 7-8 hp and 3-4 ft/lbs with the exhaust and a tune.

Welding on the bullet vanes inside the merge collector.

IMAG0516_zpse48965a3.jpg

Merge collector welded on, alongside all the junk that was cut out. Just need to fit it on the bike and weld in the straight section and it's done.

IMAG0517_zps710ffb55.jpg

I think I can manage that, if you don't have a chance to come up before then, bring it to the first round. I think there's almost a month between round 1 and 2, that should be plenty of time for me to get it done.

I think I can manage that, if you don't have a chance to come up before then, bring it to the first round. I think there's almost a month between round 1 and 2, that should be plenty of time for me to get it done.

Just bring the welder to round 1. :p

I still need to get another pipe as I'm short one and the next few weeks will be crazy with school finishing up.