Looking for truck/suv

F4iBunny

So our F-150 was t-boned last year (totalled) and Bret ended up with a Mazda 3 Speed as a replacement for something fun, speedy and better gas milage. But we are missing out on so many trips with the bikes (Daytona, Dragon, etc) that we are now in the market for another vehicle to tow with. We have accepted that replacing our truck will be tough (we '99 with less than 100K miles, manual, extended cab). F-150 still at top of the list, maybe a Tundra but we were also looking at some mid-size suv's (towing, slightly better gas milage, interior cargo space) like Cherokee or Honda Pilot. We have a 5x8 open trailer, ZX10 and F4i. Opinions/experience towing with a V6?

So our F-150 was t-boned last year (totalled) and Bret ended up with a Mazda 3 Speed as a replacement for something fun, speedy and better gas milage. But we are missing out on so many trips with the bikes (Daytona, Dragon, etc) that we are now in the market for another vehicle to tow with. We have accepted that replacing our truck will be tough (we '99 with less than 100K miles, manual, extended cab). F-150 still at top of the list, maybe a Tundra but we were also looking at some mid-size suv's (towing, slightly better gas milage, interior cargo space) like Cherokee or Honda Pilot. We have a 5x8 open trailer, ZX10 and F4i. Opinions/experience towing with a V6?
The new Ecoboost V-6 in the F150 is worth a look.

The new Ecoboost V-6 in the F150 is worth a look.

They are also worth a google search, apparently there are many problems with the ecoboost motor. I do not have one, and I have never driven one, but I do read truck forums.

FYI I love my Tundra, but it might be overkill. However the pure enjoyment of driving it makes up for the overkill.