season opener april 6 ?

NinjaDoc

I'm really hoping that come April 4th and 5th this is still being planned!

Don't know if my street bike will be ready by then, but if it is I'm definitely in. Need to hit up more street rides this year.

Just stay away from the lamas LOL! Work pending I might be in as that my b-day weekend ...

How does the K1200r do on twisty back roads?

So far, I've been rather impressed. Once you get moving, it doesn't feel as big as it looks. I've only had it for 6 weeks. Picked it up in Houston, and rode it to Canton. I haven't had the weather/road conditions to feel comfortable pushing it. Not to mention challenging the well used crusty pilot powers that are on it. I need to swap the rear 190/50 for a 190/55 to improve turn-in. Obviously, it's not the ideal bike to attack goat trails with... but it's incredibly stable. You notice the weight of the bike with transitioning in switchbacks, but I just throw my fat ass around to compensate. The Hossack derived front gives more feedback than I thought it would, yet is compliant enough for crappy Ohio roads. All hail ESA. Um... it handles better than an RD350? :D

So far, I've been rather impressed. Once you get moving, it doesn't feel as big as it looks. I've only had it for 6 weeks. Picked it up in Houston, and rode it to Canton. I haven't had the weather/road conditions to feel comfortable pushing it. Not to mention challenging the well used crusty pilot powers that are on it. I need to swap the rear 190/50 for a 190/55 to improve turn-in. Obviously, it's not the ideal bike to attack goat trails with... but it's incredibly stable. You notice the weight of the bike with transitioning in switchbacks, but I just throw my fat ass around to compensate. The Hossack derived front gives more feedback than I thought it would, yet is compliant enough for crappy Ohio roads. All hail ESA. Um... it handles better than an RD350? :D

Am keeping an eye out for this bike, how is two up comfort? When u compare to vfr k1200 is lighter and twice as powerful. 160 HP man that's like rip the arm of acceleration on a stable platform, and I dig the looks

Am keeping an eye out for this bike, how is two up comfort? When u compare to vfr k1200 is lighter and twice as powerful. 160 HP man that's like rip the arm of acceleration on a stable platform, and I dig the looks

The K12R is a bit heavier than a VFR800, at 550 wet. And yes, there is an angry german inside the bike that tries to rip out your arms starting at 8k rpm. I really wanted a K13R, but who knows if BMW will ever import it. Not to mention that I refuse to pay 18k for a motorcycle.

Looks nice but the the price may be a little too high.

That's about the average price for one nationwide. MSRP was (no bells and whistles) was $14,300. ABS+ESA+Sport wheels pushed it up to $16,500. Add luggage and a couple widgets, you got close to $18,000 in 06'.

The K12R is a bit heavier than a VFR800, at 550 wet. And yes, there is an angry german inside the bike that tries to rip out your arms starting at 8k rpm. I really wanted a K13R, but who knows if BMW will ever import it. Not to mention that I refuse to pay 18k for a motorcycle.

i think the vfr is 540 dry :wheelchair::(http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/honda_vfr_800_interceptor_2008.php never realized its as heavy as full blown rt1200 tourer.

That's about the average price for one nationwide. MSRP was (no bells and whistles) was $14,300. ABS+ESA+Sport wheels pushed it up to $16,500. Add luggage and a couple widgets, you got close to $18,000 in 06'.

yea the torque is outstanding on k1200r , clean bag options, but man its pricey :(

Bad we will be doing only a vfr sport touring pace, am pretty sure half way thru the ride tpoppa gonna just roll past us to go play ahead :D

Edited by NinjaDoc

Gonna be warm up ride with shorter distance than our 300+ milers and also sport cruising, new riders to group welcome as pace will be good for beginners as well.

Sport Cruising. That's a new one. Wonder how flippin fast that is.

Gonna be warm up ride with shorter distance than our 300+ milers and also sport cruising, new riders to group welcome as pace will be good for beginners as well.

Sport Cruising. That's a new one. Wonder how flippin fast that is.

Hopefully not fast enough to over heat a VFR. :nono: