season opener april 6 ?

NinjaDoc

Hopefully not fast enough to over heat a VFR. :nono:

if you thought that day he was cooking, you should've been there in the fall for a quick afternoon ride. He pretty much left me in the dust and I was riding pretty hard til I had a oh shit moment with some leaves

I am doing oil, clutch/brake fluid, brake pads, and coolant this weekend. Hopefully doing fork oil and seals next week. After that I am good to go. Well, I guess my front cam chain tensioner is going bad as well. Hoping the oil change fixes it.

how is two up comfort?

I don't think I've had a passenger in 9 years. "Get your own bike, bitch" is my usual response.

Seriously though, I have no idea. I suppose I could put you on the back. :D

Hahaha seeing the people that have already signed up for this, looks like the pace will be a little too much for me. Next time :)

Sent from my iPhone

you're mistaken, I'm willing to bet it won't be. Back in the day I used to avoid rides with infamous fast individuals. Then 2 things happened: I learned to just go at my pace and I'll catch up with them, 95% of the people aren't going to leave you. The 2nd was I just decided to ask questions to get advice on how to get better and that helped me immensely :D

Hahaha seeing the people that have already signed up for this, looks like the pace will be a little too much for me. Next time :)

Sent from my iPhone

Honestly, no matter what the pace is I am going to ride towards the back and take it easy. There is simply going to be to much crap on the roads and everyone is going to be a little rusty.

The 2nd was I just decided to ask questions to get advice on how to get better and that helped me immensely :D

This. When I started doing group rides, this was the best part of it. I would pick the 'fast guys' brains at every gas stop to figure out how they could carry all that corner speed and make it look easy. Free lessons :)

When you're riding with others with more skill or experience take advantage of it. Ask questions. Everyone is there because they like to ride and most are happy to talk about it.

Haha I just feel bad for the poor souls that have to sweep for me :)

I'm open to feedback as well. I really think the thing is the fact I don't exactly know how far my tires can take me (obviously way more than I can throw at them) but it's a trust/ confidence issue. And I ride well within my limits so that's why I ride slow :)

Yes I know I need a track day

Just picked up some S.S lines, pads and brake fluid from riders discount so hopefully the parts make it here in time and hopefully ill find some time to either put them on myself or just pay someone else do it.

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by TimTheAzn

not trust my tires was the biggest issue I had to overcome with road debris being the next. I still haven't gotten over the fear of debris but after riding through it with some oh shit moments and figuring how the bike reacts has made it a touch easier

I've had my fair share of oh shit moments. A few came with the last group ride with Nivin and company. Thanks again to AI Z Heimer for sweeping me the majority of the day as well as the other guy (forgive me I am terrible with names).

Sent from my iPhone

This. When I started doing group rides, this was the best part of it. I would pick the 'fast guys' brains at every gas stop to figure out how they could carry all that corner speed and make it look easy. Free lessons :)

When you're riding with others with more skill or experience take advantage of it. Ask questions. Everyone is there because they like to ride and most are happy to talk about it.

+1

I've learned a ton just watching Tpoppa and Dgasser on some longer rides through WV - really helped my confidence. Including that if you're ~2 miles from the Ohio state line, stopping for WV police is probably a mistake...:D

Also, don't ever feel like you can't ride your own ride. With some very small exceptions (that are almost always disclosed up front), almost every rider is willing to dial back the pace or wait as long as it takes for someone that doesn't want to ride at mach retard.

not trust my tires was the biggest issue I had to overcome with road debris being the next. I still haven't gotten over the fear of debris but after riding through it with some oh shit moments and figuring how the bike reacts has made it a touch easier

I don't think anyone ever gets over the fear of road debris. You just learn the correct reactions to debris(riding with others helps), what the bike can do, and avoid fixating on things you don't want to hit(easier said than done).

I am very very very scared about broken road and debris, in wont ever get over it :(

I've had my fair share of oh shit moments. A few came with the last group ride with Nivin and company. Thanks again to AI Z Heimer for sweeping me the majority of the day as well as the other guy (forgive me I am terrible with names).

Sent from my iPhone

He really enjoyed the ride Tim, alz was perfectly okay with sweeping as per his own word. He admired how you rode within our abilities

I am very very very scared about broken road and debris, in wont ever get over it :(

You need to come to Nelson on May 4th. Ride novice the first session if you are concerned and then come out with the intermediate group after. I'l lead you around if you want, but I'd pick a better rider if I were you :)

since its the first ride for many of us thinking about keeping it short and mostly on well known clean pavement if thats okay with the rest,

bad u remember the route we did the last quick ride of fall, how about a little bit extended version of that one? we can be done and be home by 4:00 before the cold sets in