DC MOTOBIKE ( my experience ) in North Ridgeville, Ohio

arlis77

Hello fellow riders,

I wanted to share my experience from shop called DC MOTOBIKE

I was referred to him by a friend of mine who had work done from him, so I took the chance since I live in north olmsted ohio, Theres not many motorcycle shops located around me even for tire changes. Last year I had problems with my 94 cbr900rr and had carburetor problems one shop didnt even fix it right and had to back twice to fix it within a month..My first experience with David the owner of DC MotoBike said to bring it in, I dropped it off and he told me it would be ready the next day. I was shocked and sure enough fixed it and never had a issue again.

Second time this year I brought my 04 cbr F4i and he mounted 2 new tires and did some cosmetic work done from when I dumped it. And again was shocked to see the results from this guy. It looked so clean and even buffed out the bike, and even check all the fluids for me and changed the antifreeze without me knowing it was old fluid and didnt charge me either.

This is just my experience if anyone else has good or bad feedback I figured this could be a nice thread to share stories, This shop is fairly new I dont have a link but I tried to find it on facebook and ill post a link I hope it works I couldnt find a actual website..hope this helps some riders as this shop is closer to some of us. :)

Link may not work? Look on facebook and type DC MOTOBIKE

https://m.facebook.com/home.php?soft=side-area&__user=100002206944087#!/home.php?__user=100002206944087&soft=side-area

Edited by arlis77

I hear ya, Just from the years I've experienced of problems with prior bikes, I could never find a shop close by. This time I'm sticking with this shop, Its not a huge place, but his knowledge and work speaks for itself. I like the fact of knowing who's working on my motorcycle, not dropping it off and goes to a service department, and have no clue who's actually working on it.

Good to know. I have been staring at the blue edges on my tires all winter. Will have to look this dude up before track season starts.

Hello, Just curious I'm not to familiar with your style of riding (track)...Though from what I've been reading seems pretty intense and sounds fun.. Do you have any advice ? Im not new to riding motorcycle's I've rode on and off for maybe 6 years I'd say but never track.. can you point me in the direction to get information ?

Also you said you your starting to see blue edges on your tires? I take it those are track tires? Is the blue strip on the outside ? and indicate low tread I take it right? Sorry for the newb questions but I like learning from experienced riders.

Thank you. :)

Hello, Just curious I'm not to familiar with your style of riding (track)...Though from what I've been reading seems pretty intense and sounds fun.. Do you have any advice ? Im not new to riding motorcycle's I've rode on and off for maybe 6 years I'd say but never track.. can you point me in the direction to get information ?

Also you said you your starting to see blue edges on your tires? I take it those are track tires? Is the blue strip on the outside ? and indicate low tread I take it right? Sorry for the newb questions but I like learning from experienced riders.

Again, we are talking about road courses when we say tracks typically. The bluing of the tires only means that the oil in the tire is coming to the surface. It can happen to any tires and it doesn't necessarily mean the tire is bad or needs to be replaced.

If you want track day info, check out the track day forum here or better yet go to motoseries.com. You'll find most of your track day questions answered there. Or send a PM and we can talk offline.

Yup yup to the above. If you live in North Olmstead then Motoseries is probably the closest and easiest for you to get started on the track. They have a novice program where you will do some classes and then head out the track for some lead/follow with an instructor. Its a lot of fun and I would highly recommend it even if you never want to enter a race. Check out the motoseries website and it will tell you everything you need to know. They also have a message board like this one for any questions or just ask them here. Lots of people will be more than willing to help you get started. :D

• 1 year later...

Hello fellow riders,

I was referred to him by a friend of mine who had work done from him, so I took the chance since I live in north olmsted ohio, Theres not many motorcycle shops located around me even for tire changes. Last year I had problems with my 94 cbr900rr and had carburetor problems one shop didnt even fix it right and had to back twice to fix it within a month..My first experience with David the owner of DC MotoBike said to bring it in, I dropped it off and he told me it would be ready the next day. I was shocked and sure enough fixed it and never had a issue again.

Second time this year I brought my 04 cbr F4i and he mounted 2 new tires and did some cosmetic work done from when I dumped it. And again was shocked to see the results from this guy. It looked so clean and even buffed out the bike, and even check all the fluids for me and changed the antifreeze without me knowing it was old fluid and didnt charge me either.

This is just my experience if anyone else has good or bad feedback I figured this could be a nice thread to share stories, This shop is fairly new I dont have a link but I tried to find it on facebook and ill post a link I hope it works I couldnt find a actual website..hope this helps some riders as this shop is closer to some of us. :)

https://m.facebook.com/home.php?soft=side-area&__user=100002206944087#!/home.php?__user=100002206944087&soft=side-area

yes I agree good work, I have been to DCMoto the shop is in north ridgeville ohio off of mills rd. it is a big storage building on mills industrial parkway .the owner and tech his name is Dave he also lives in north ridgeville ohio somewhere close to the shop, from what I have heard from some of his close friends he has a really nice garage at his house too. would also recomend him good luck ,Nick ...

Hello fellow riders,

Dcmoto worked on my 2007 Yamaha R1 and did a great job, his building is a little hard to find it is in a big storage facility off mills rd in north ridgeville  ohio you can call him tho he lives real close by the shop he will meet you there when you set up an appointment.  keep the shiney side up.....