getting new tires. help?

shar2487

You high mileage on sport tires guys; What pressure do you normally run them? You low mileage guys; What pressure do you normally run them? I'm a medium mileage guy myself (4 to 5 k a set) & I run owners manual spec (36 /42) when I have to slab it & adjust to lower pressures (32/34) when hitting the twisties. I've run mostly Michelins (2CTs, Power Ones, Power Pures) but currently have a set of Dunlop Q2s that are working out well.

7000 out of Q2s I must be doing something wrong. I love the tires and happy if I get 2500 out of them

I'm only getting about 3000 on the rear Q2's as well. My last bike (an f4i) used to go over 6000 miles on tires. Must be how the bigger bikes "get the power to the ground" (a la Freddy Spencer). ;)

The Q2's are a really nice tire for overall street riding. They are fine in the rain as well. I've found the turn in to be slightly slower/heavier than some other tires that I've used but they are really super well planted in the turn. Very stable. I also think the price is pretty reasonable.

Mary

Fuck all of you guys and your high mileage sport bikes. I do not check my mileage on tires anymore it's too depressing. I'm guessing about 1,500 for a rear running at 30psi. I was getting 1,800/2,100 per rear out of the 600 but this stupid 1K is a bug killing tire eating machine. And no I do not do great big smokey burnouts with them either or little ones. I also don't ever show cold shearing signs when I stop. In fact it's hard to tell the difference in tire smoothness from my chicken strips to the actually used part of the tire.

I have wrecked every bike I have ridden with Dunlop tires. I have wrecked other tires as well but every time I'm on a Dunlop tire I wreck so none for me. I finished off last year with a Pure and liked it for the most part. I changed tire size from a 50 to a 55 and am still trying to get used to the gearing change it made a big difference on which gear I need to be in entering a corner plus I picked up 3MPH on my maximum speed.