anyone use the tomtom rider?

wicked94s10

Just pick you up a cheap tomtom one off of ebay for like $35 and keep a couple sammich bags handy if it look like rain unplug it and run it off internal battery for a while and slip a baggie over it and back onto the mount. That way if it is ever lost stolen or just falls off the bike you aren't out that much money. Or just use a tank bag with a map pocket and slide it in there

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I just don't thonk the water proof MC one are worth the money. Plus my buddy went into a wendys onr time and cam out to find his gone and we were within eye sight of the bikes the whole time.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

i have a cheap one and a gps in my smartphone. the problem with the cheap one is there is no Bluetooth and i already have a chatterbox so the feature would be nice. Im also liking for something that i can make a custom map and upload it for long trips so i dont have to enter like 50 city names to get me to the areas i want to go. i would like to map my upcoming trip to southern california and be able to turn it on and have it take me to each place without having to stop and enter each city one after another. also waterproof is a must when riding 17 days straight as i often do. i hate stopping everytime it rains to cover stuff up

Bought cheap refurbished TomTom 130 from newegg, years ago. 40 bucks. Works fine, and use it all the time. Car and bike. Got mounts for both. Never really had a problem yet with rain. I just put it away and ride old school. (Seat of pants, also known as butt navigation.)

Sometimes I just plug in the headphones and run it from a pocket.

The vocal instructions will get me there.

Sometimes just like to have it along, so I can check up on navigation.

But the smart phone does that now, so it's not quite all it used to be.

Now I run Waze on the smartphone on a mount, and the tomtom does it's thing as a backup.

Also considering running a 7 inch tablet with navigation in the Jeep.

Also taught the smart phone and tablet to do off road topographical navigation, for free.

A tomtom or garmin to do that is way too expensive.

• 1 month later...

Now I run Waze on the smartphone on a mount, and the tomtom does it's thing as a backup.

Also considering running a 7 inch tablet with navigation in the Jeep.

Does Waze allow you to plan a custom route point by point, then navigate to each point sequentially til you reach your final destination? I would just use my phone, but the standard google navigation doesn't allow this, and most of the time if I'm riding recreationally on the bike, I don't want to ride the shortest/default/highway route.