Less than a month! MotoSeries Round 1, Nelson Ledges May 3-5

TRMN8TR

great weather, great people, and fun times on track.

congrats to all the novice class and race school grads. you guys rode great, and can't wait for the next one.

got to meet a few new people and generally had a good time.

also, nobody tell hollywood about the racing results other than expert class.

Thanks for leading my slow ass around(I was on the orange Z1000, my buddy was on the red F4i). Nelson was WAYY better than I expected, I felt more comfortable this time than I did at mid-ohio(prolly down to bike, didn't like my last one).

Also, thanks madcats for the ear plugs.

I didn't shoot nearly as much video as I expected. Tracktime+classroom took up ALOT more of the day than I expected.

• Upvote 1

I was about 2.5 seconds of my pace from last year. I was only able to do mid 13s.

Dude, when was the last time you rode at Nelson? Its the first round of the season and you're on a new bike. You'll be doin 10's by round four.

Dude, when was the last time you rode at Nelson? Its the first round of the season and you're on a new bike. You'll be doin 10's by round four.

^This.

Saturday didn't go real well for me. 4-5 laps into my first practice session out the front tire let loose in turn 4 and I low sided it. Pretty new bike = not so pretty anymore. I was fortunate that other than a rearset all the damage was cosmetic, I got off easy. I'm still a bit baffled as to exactly why it happened, but best guess is some combination of cold track, bad tires, on the brakes late (although not at the time I went down) and possibly some patchwork that was still a bit slippery. Sorry for crashing right in front of you Taft, hate to be that guy that goes by and then wipes out immediately after....

So that pretty much set the pace for me riding like a pussy who just wrecked his bike and was scared of turn 4 the rest of the weekend. I got back into things a little bit once it was race time and I put my game face on. Went from running 18's-19's in practice to 14's during the races. Still almost 2 seconds off from my pace the end of last year.

Oh, and Hollywood I won't even make any sandbagger comments. Everyone has done a good enough job so far. ;)

Well, while I wait for my PC to try to fire up at work(hope it fails so I can sleep today), I will give my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth from a slow guy.

Tavels went awesome, the new truck has so much more power, stock even over the 6.0 with tuner, CAI, full exhaust, and all kinds of other stuff. We got over 11mpg with the toy hauler fully loaded and going 65 the whole time.

Got up there a tad later Fri then I would have liked due to leaving Cbus late, but saw a few people walked around the pits, holy cow it was crowded at 11pm Friday, and guess had been all day. Good to see lots of turn out that's for sure.

Saturday woke up, swapped from a Michelin Cup rear to a Pirelli, and got out on the 2nd advanced session. Ran well, and holy cow, instantly could tell how much earlier I could get on the gas, especially in the caresoul and 13. I mean crazy difference, and so much more trust in the rear.

I came up on Trm8tr right after his off and instantly saw his red subframe and had an awful feeling in my tummy. Then saw him walking around and knew it was ok, he took it like a champ(not my d*ck), and didn't even really get upset about it so that was cool.

Ran a few good sessions, hit an 18 but seemed advanced was constanly getting red flagged and ending sessions after like 2 laps. Cox and I were resetting my suspension and really couldn't test it like I wanted to, but we got great tire wear and the bike felt awesome so we kept it where we had it.

Ron and I ran a lot of Int. after the adv. was getting red flagged cuz we were both working on the bikes, and we had a lot of fun dicing it up out there.

Then the track came apart, pot hole coming out of the caresoul was now huge, and another formed right before the kink. Basically they put cones around it, called a riders meeting and told us not to hit them. That's good and all, but they were both kinda in my line, more the 2nd one, but also the exit of the caresoul if passing.

Oh well, it was a tad more dangerous with random cones and holes on the track but whatever. I will say their patch jobs blew over winter or whenever they did it, like they didn't flatten them out enough or soemthing, I dunno. then again I am running a V cup front right now, so that is going to catch those and tip badly, so I won't be doing that again. PIRELLI FTW

Sunday was awesome, huge thanks again to Cox and Trm8tr for helping me with suspension and body position, I did try to work on it especially in open practice.

Did my first sprint, and honestly, from here out, I doubt I run any more 20's etc. It'd be so nice to run the sprints, 750, 600x2, and get on the road home. Get home at a decent hour and be able to have a life Sunday evening, cuz getting home at 10pm+ is not sweet lol.

Ended up running a 16.6 or 4 I forget, but had a lot of fun, and glad I went.

Nelson needs to start putting some of that 20.00 daily gate fee or whatever they charge Todd for track rental back into the track. It's getting to the point where they will need to do something serious soon.

Ended up running a 16.6 or 4 I forget, but had a lot of fun, and glad I went.

Nice work, is that a new best for you?

Didn't get a chance to see you out riding after we talked to see how much that horrible body position of yours had improved, but from the sounds of it you're doing better.

Haha, I think it did, I mean either way, I definitely worked a lot on it earlier in the day and will continue to for sure. Yes, it was a new low for me, and I already know I am going too slow through the kink and leaving the caresoul. Felt like I found a different entry point into 13 I liked better too. Mentally just beating myself up as I wish I could run with you fast guys. Well not you Mr. Expert. F*g.

I miss your gingerness already.

Glad you were ok Brandon!

I was baffled as to why my Penske shock reservoir mount broke off just before lunch,here I find a piece of track lodged in my swingarm.

Seriously?! Man, that is fucked up. Nelson needs to get on that shit quickly.

Glad you were ok Brandon!

I was baffled as to why my Penske shock reservoir mount broke off just before lunch,here I find a piece of track lodged in my swingarm.

Stealing shit from Nelson is kinda a dick move dude, take it back now or else.

Man in that case I am glad you're okay too bro. I was out there a few sessions you were and you looked good man. Nice and smooth, like Keith Stone.

Stealing shit from Nelson is kinda a dick move dude, take it back now or else.

Man in that case I am glad you're okay too bro. I was out there a few sessions you were and you looked good man. Nice and smooth, like Keith Stone.

I'll take it back and I'll tell Kerry thanks for breaking off my reservoir !

And thanks for saying I looked good,not quite Craig(Keith Smooth)but ok for a nOOb guy!

The dick move was some idiot going thru the second set of cone's after Todd said not to!

And why did you do this?

For whatever the track condition was in, the times on sunday were about what they were last year for the fast guys.

And why did you do this?

For whatever the track condition was in, the times on sunday were about what they were last year for the fast guys.

I had a choice:

A) Totally ass pack a girl riding like a turtle that drifted up on me.

B) Just to be a dick !