Less than a month! MotoSeries Round 1, Nelson Ledges May 3-5

TRMN8TR

You had Ryan's seat to sniff all day. Don't be hatin' now.

Edit: It was actually really nice having her there helping me. I could get used to it but don't think she could. :(

I only sniffed it once !

So,who wants to be the guy that takes my bike out and tell me what they think ?

I'll do it.

AVOID LETTING CRAIG NEAR IT AT ALL COSTS!!! If he touches it, just set it a blaze on the spot and save yourself the heartache.

I'm ok with the older gsxr's. We race a 01 and I rode Ron's last year with no issues.

I think Jeff just wants to see it go around the track.....quickly.

I'd do it, but somehow at the end of the ride it would come out dirty like all my bikes :o

Plus I couldn't tell you what a "good" setup feels like.....hell I haven't even figured out my own yet.

I think Jeff just wants to see it go around the track.....quickly.

I'd do it, but somehow at the end of the ride it would come out dirty like all my bikes :o

Plus I couldn't tell you what a "good" setup feels like.....hell I haven't even figured out my own yet.

Yeah,you have to promise you won't get it dirty !

We had a great time Saturday, brought a newbie along and got him going alright. Nice meeting a few of you in person, sorry I missed Kevin and Steve.

So it sounds like they got the track patched? I guess we can start taking bets on where the next pothole will open up.

See you all at the end of the month. I'll be celebrating my layoff at the track.

I will bet 13 but I have an unfair advantage as I had a radio yesterday so I could hear the corner workers.

Someone should tell them it's a good idea to patch the potholes before they get deep enough to put cones in them.

Seriously, I'm usually the one who defends Nelson and says "It's not that bad just ride over the bumps. The faster you go the better it is." and things along that line. But sinkholes in the track so bad that cones had to be put out is pretty sketchy to say the least.

I'd imagine the freeze loosened up bits of patchwork and we are just kicking them out....hopefully if they actively patch the holes that appear and help clear debris it will clear up in a month or so. Maybe I'm just too optimistic.

Someone should tell them it's a good idea to patch the potholes before they get deep enough to put cones in them.

Seriously, I'm usually the one who defends Nelson and says "It's not that bad just ride over the bumps. The faster you go the better it is." and things along that line. But sinkholes in the track so bad that cones had to be put out is pretty sketchy to say the least.

They said they were keeping an eye on it sunday and were going to fix it after the races provided they didn't have to do something sunday.

I noticed chunks of the patching laying on the track coming out of the carousel after the second session.

Ditto I was talking about it after 2nd session out and was like uh this isn't bueno.

Anyways, it was a great time, races were awesome. The mini 20 had that R1 and me battling it out every lap, granted it was for like mid pack to back but still awesome. He ran out of gas, or I think it would have come down to the last turn.

I noticed chunks of the patching coming out of the carousel being kicked up by the bike right in front of me and coming at me like shrapnel. That was during the second session so probably the stuff you saw laying there.

Ditto I was talking about it after 2nd session out and was like uh this isn't bueno.

Anyways, it was a great time, races were awesome. The mini 20 had that R1 and me battling it out every lap, granted it was for like mid pack to back but still awesome. He ran out of gas, or I think it would have come down to the last turn.

It doesn't matter what place you're in, it's always more fun when you have someone you're battling with. Kinda why I've been encouraging the newer guys to just sign up for the 600 sprints. By far the largest grid and best chances you'll find someone at your speed to battle.

I noticed chunks of the patching coming out of the carousel being kicked up by the bike right in front of me and coming at me like shrapnel. That was during the second session so probably the stuff you saw laying there.

Yeah,I was telling somebody about getting pegged in the faceshield by flying objects! I think it was Ryan !

It chipped the shit outta my paint and my new shield looks like it's 4 years old !

But it's a fun track but needs a lot if work to make it safer!

It doesn't matter what place you're in, it's always more fun when you have someone you're battling with. Kinda why I've been encouraging the newer guys to just sign up for the 600 sprints. By far the largest grid and best chances you'll find someone at your speed to battle.

Thats exactly it man, it was more of a thrill than I had, had before. Actually when Ron and I went out the day before and were dicing it up, that was fun too, then he went boom.

But it was the only time I've really battled for a "position" if you will, and it made it so much more worth it. Heck, maybe it was for dead last, but guess what, it made it worth it in the end.

I think the 600 I was battling with that kid who wiped in 3 trying to pass me, but I didn't know it becasue I wasn't looking back, just forward. Then he tried to pass in the marbles and I knew it was going to end bad. He was fine, bike was fine, and he made the next 600 sprint, wish I had signed up for it now. Next time for sure, more sprints, probably no more mini 20 as I get home way too late to try to work today.

My weekend was a cluster fuck. Had issues again at the start of Saturday and a fire on the bike. Yes, fire... Wasn't bad and with the help of Hancock, we got it fixed and got to run 2-1/2 sessions Saturday. WAAAAAAAY off pace. Close to what I was getting with the struggling and lower powered RC8. The 1199 is a rocket, but the rider was the issue both days in terms of pace.

Sunday was better, but with only about 40 minutes with the bike on Saturday, I didn't have but maybe 45 minutes with it Sunday in practice and then off to the races.

Shit times, out of shape and basically being a pussy didn't help. The first race, I didn't even see the flag, but saw Peters and Neyra take off. I got a terrible launch. Second race, I got up to second into one behind Justin and the third race got me the holeshot from the second row. So, figuring out the launch process with the bike.

Just need to sort chassis and brain and we might have a chance...