Less than a month! MotoSeries Round 1, Nelson Ledges May 3-5

TRMN8TR

Nope, not a 5er. I do have a gooseneck on the new truck, but the setup I bought was a 30ft bumper pull. Longest I will go before stepping to a dually for pumper bulls. But it had flipped axles so it lined up awesome with my old truck and with the new truck noth. Last night was the first night towing with the Twin Turbo setup on the new ride and it was night and day difference. No tunes, no CAI, no exhaust, just stock and tiny wheels and what a dream. Can't wait until I have all that with about twice the WHP and torque.

Yeah I forget what you drive, but unless it's a 2500/250+ I would stay below 26 feet, but that's just me. It's not the towing power its the stopping and sway control. Keeping the most you can off the truck is the best option. I.E. I didn't use sway control and my torsion bars are hand tight, not cranked and stiff like a lot of guys run them. It's 100% possible to rip a hitch from a truck. My FIL had it happen when a guy bought his boat and called him 5 days later to come get the boat cuz he ripped the hitch off his truck. Bad day.

Stopping I can certainly understand. Trailer brakes are obviously a must and should help with stopping. Sway control of course can be cured with a proper sway bar setup. We plan on ordering an new F-150 (Ecoboost of course) w/ the max tow package in order to get the 11k# tow rating, but I do not plan on attempting anything near that rating. I'm hoping to stay right around the 8k# mark with trailer, gear, etc. Have seen some 30' ultra lite toy haulers that are under 5k#.

We will def. need to spend some time talking since I'm hoping to get one this year yet.

Stopping I can certainly understand. Trailer brakes are obviously a must and should help with stopping. Sway control of course can be cured with a proper sway bar setup. We plan on ordering an new F-150 (Ecoboost of course) w/ the max tow package in order to get the 11k# tow rating, but I do not plan on attempting anything near that rating. I'm hoping to stay right around the 8k# mark with trailer, gear, etc. Have seen some 30' ultra lite toy haulers that are under 5k#.

We will def. need to spend some time talking since I'm hoping to get one this year yet.

Make sure you get the 3.73 gears if you want the full 11.5k towing. I opted for the 3.55 which is good for 9.5k.

Make sure you get the 3.73 gears if you want the full 11.5k towing. I opted for the 3.55 which is good for 9.5k.

Already knew about the drop in towing capacity with the gearing. The only way to get the 3.73 is to get the max tow package. I had one of the dealerships we were at do a search for a SC w/ Eco and 3.73....nothing. Not a single one anywhere.

Hell mine has the max tow package, just gives you the bigger rad and trans cooler.

I think you just have the tow package, not the max tow package. If you did then you would have gotten the 3.73 gears. And there's more to that package then just rad and trans cooler also.

Nice, but 3 things wrong with it. It's ghey ass blue, no max tow package, and it's a CC not SC.

CC = Crew Cab

SC = Super Cab

I want the extra 2' of bed. There plenty of room for people in the back with a SC.

I think you just have the tow package, not the max tow package. If you did then you would have gotten the 3.73 gears. And there's more to that package then just rad and trans cooler also.

Sorry, it comes with bigger mirrors too.

Nice, but 3 things wrong with it. It's ghey ass blue, no max tow package, and it's a CC not SC.

CC = Crew Cab

SC = Super Cab

I want the extra 2' of bed. There plenty of room for people in the back with a SC.

They are supercab and supercrew so SC is hard to tell what you want. :p

You also drive a POS, tranny dyin', smoke blowin' Chevy.

:rolleyes:

Truth of the matter is you could hook your ford up to you travel trailer and I'd hook onto the front and tow both of your toys and still get better mileage than you:D

Learned a few things tonight, like don't let the trailer go until the night before leaving and not even have anything installed completely to hold bikes in lol. The list goes on, but we are going to have a killer weekend and can't wait!!