Less than a month! MotoSeries Round 1, Nelson Ledges May 3-5

TRMN8TR

Thanks for the referrals that came in today from this MotoSeries round, appreciate it!

They were probably from those nice stickers I have on my bike.

Do those count as sponsorship? If so I need some stuff. :D

Nice job, Andrew! Damn, you sure do like to push the limits in 12 don't you?!! Haha. What place did you finish that race in?

He got two 4ths. I got two 5ths. Hopefully in 4 weeks I can quit being a pussy and keep up with someone.

It was nice to say hey and hangout with everyone over the weekend since not seeing anyone since last year. Glad I was able to help anyone I could and get them going with anything I could. I definitely miss not racing, but even if I could...I just wouldn't be able to physically anyways at the moment.

I can also say from helping Todd for most of Sunday, they really do work hard for us. It was a whole new world to see how things go on and are run from the admin perspective vs a rider/racers point of view. I know a lot of people probably got frustrated at the late grid postings and results, but I assure you they were doing everything possible upstairs to keep it moving as fast as they could given the computer problems and many people having dead or NO transponders! I have the utmost respect for all the staff that help us enjoy the racing that we love. I'm going to try and take off work for the other rounds and come out to help him however I can.

Edited by SJC1000rr
  • Upvote 1

Oh comon Todd you and I were neck and neck in race 1.

And matt where were you this last weekend? I saw you on the grids.

I don't know why Todd had me on the grids, he knew I wouldn't be there. I'm in the middle of final exams right now so I couldn't make it. I'll be there for the rest of the rounds though.

I can't wait till next track day! Sucks i have to miss the June 1st one. Maybe i can play hooky from work and make the Monday one a few weeks later.

Pretty sure i'm going to start looking for a track bike come this fall.

i know this might seem a bit extreme, but if you truly dislike your new bike why not just sell it now while it is in nice shape and get a newer cbr or something? no sense in riding a bike you hate.

i know this might seem a bit extreme, but if you truly dislike your new bike why not just sell it now while it is in nice shape and get a newer cbr or something? no sense in riding a bike you hate.

Is this to me? I love my Daytona. I just don't want to drive my street bike at the track for when the inevitable happens. I want to get another 675 and make it a dedicated track bike.

Edited by ludwb675

Actually had a conversation with my wife about that. I decided I would have a go for one more race weekend before trying making the final decision.

I am pretty sure I need to change the set up a bit. I have never felt chatter before but does mid-track in the middle of the carousel have ripples? If not I definitely got some chatter issues. I had totally messed up gearing as well.

Is this to me? I love my Daytona. I just don't want to drive my street bike at the track for when the inevitable happens. I want to get another 675 and make it a dedicated track bike.

Nope, it was for NK, he swapped bikes this year and was commenting he was a little off pace this weekend.

Marty get me my damn pics, wtf it's been 27 hours now. I am taking the stickers off if I don't have them by 36 ;)

I don't remember any but I didn't ride last weekend. I talked to Reuben from 35 about set up for my 08, he's big into the Kawi's, he could probably get you in the right direction.

He is who did my suspension and gave me set-up advice. I think I need to just get more seat time before I make drastic changes. He had me running the forks flush with the upper triple and the rear at stock height. The Kawi feels a ton stiffer than the 05 600rr that I had last year.