Tattoo people, need advice

ama146

Ok went in to empire ink today, the soonest versago has an opening is late in May. I also stopped in also to arkham tattoo and he can get me in on may 11th. He charges 120 an hour while versago charges 100 an hour. Check out Eric starr at arkham tattoo, I am curious of your opinions. The choice now is who I want to do it and honestly I feel like versagos portfolio is more impressive. http://arkhamtattoo.com/artists/eric-starr/

If you're thinking shoulder, think about the remotest possibility if you ever need shoulder surgery/rotator cuff/etc... I just had the surgery and luckily my ink escaped unharmed. But you don't want some big honkin scar thru the middle of your artwork!!

Pros: Best tattoo portfolio I have ever seen.

Cons: Three year wait list and he's in Italy. Other than that, you're golden

http://www.alexdepasetattoo.com/index.php/tattoos/?lang=en

Those tats were super impressive.

I liked Versago's inks better for what you're getting. Starr's work all seems a little more cartoonish, whereas most of Versago's profile has a lot of realistic shading.

Edited by OsuMj

So I've been thinking a better place for this tattoo might be my stomach. The left of belly button area and get it about the size of q piece of paper. The only thing holding me back is I heard is it very painful on the stomach, is that true?

So I've been thinking a better place for this tattoo might be my stomach. The left of belly button area and get it about the size of q piece of paper. The only thing holding me back is I heard is it very painful on the stomach, is that true?

why did you decide for it to be not on your shoulder?

Any where you put it you will feel it but how much you feel and where is more painful depends on you. Everyone including my artist said that the elbow was painful well the tat on my elbow is the only one that has literally made me LOL it was the strangest feeling and by no means painful. If your worried about the pain take a needle sterilize it and poke around a little in the spots your considering. When you go to have it done make sure you eat shortly before going so your blood sugar is up in case you get a huge adrenaline rush I've seen people go out cold in the chair because they didn't eat and the adrenaline was too much.

why did you decide for it to be not on your shoulder?

the artist brought up the point that when i am standing normal, my shoulder blade sticks out and might warp the tattoo making it not look right. plus on my stomach i can then see it too instead of looking in the mirror or pictures haha.

the artist brought up the point that when i am standing normal, my shoulder blade sticks out and might warp the tattoo making it not look right. plus on my stomach i can then see it too instead of looking in the mirror or pictures haha.

Why not the calf or thigh? It wouldn't need to be huge to have decent detail ( pending the artist's abilities ) but can't elaborate on how the stomach feels. I would stick with Empire, much more impressive work and seems to me it would be worth the wait

I am not a fan of leg tattoos honestly. And I am getting it done at 252 tattoo by Rob Ruckus. His portfolio kicks ass and he has done a motorcycle before. Plus he can get me in this Tuesday at 3pm!

So how do you guys pass the time during the long session?

Usually conversations with the artist, surfing the web on my phone, listen to music, sometimes I've almost fell asleep until he hits a pack of nerves that brings me back to wide awake :D

Take pics during and after to post up!