any nurses/doctors? seeking some medical advice

Steve Butters

It was swollen and torn when he put them in... As it grew back together, they got more loose.... At no point would they ever be tight again

In that case the stitches were from an excision, so the skin wanted to pull apart again and had to stretch to cover a large amount of space. If your fingertip was not under tension then you're fine.

Don't bite your fingernails for a bit... Might bite off more than you can chew.

Your nail will back to full length in about 6-8 months. I smashed my thumb between two cinder blocks in 2009 the tissue pushed out through the skin and my nail ended up falling off after about 2 weeks, it ended up being fully grown in within 7 months.

The doc at Occupational health wanted to pop the blood under my nail, ive had it done before and it hurts like hell i told her to go to hell that the nail would fall off and all would be good. I was right

Will your nail grow back with that much damage to it? I dropped a 25lb weight on my big toe and the nail got black and fell off and now its grows weird, like double layered lol..took about 7 months but it came back wierd huh

Will your nail grow back with that much damage to it? I dropped a 25lb weight on my big toe and the nail got black and fell off and now its grows weird, like double layered lol..took about 7 months but it came back wierd huh

the doctor said its 50/50 if it will grow back or not, just because there was so much damage to the nailbed.....he did say the reason for not stitching the nailbed itself is incase the nail does grow back, he didnt want to add any scarring to the nailbed, because it would make the nail grow weird......so only time will tell if the nail grows back or not.....im guessing it will, but not positive

i tried to kick my ex gfs cat at 2am because it wouldnt shut up....missed it and kicked the door frame lol...nail turned black on my second smallest toe and then fell off.....the nail that grew back in grew weird like youre talking about, almost double layered looking....after a few more months, it turned back to normal and you cant tell...so maybe yours will too

i had my toenails removed on my big toes because my nailbed is too wide for my toe, so they grew ingrown every time...doctor removed them and put acid at the base of the nail bed and killed it....so they dont grow back lol

Edited by Steve Butters

GFs got a toe that she stubbed in basketball really bad in Junior High and it will still occasionally fall off. its weird. ANd i seem to find it in the sheets every GD time.

its very likely that your finger nail will be screwed up to some degree. it actually looks really food now. i almost thought the first pic was of the underside of your finger.