florida ccw??

YSR_Racer_99

Taking my CCW this Sat (probably). Buddy told me about getting FL ccw instead of OH. I asked my (probable) instructor about it, and he said "after you get your Ohio, you can apply for FL", whereas my buddy said he filled out the FL papers at the end of his class. Didn't get Ohio at all. Seven year renewal is a plus, and CCW doesn't pop up on Ohio police cruiser screen when he pulls you over.

Thoughts?

Get a PA non res.. it opens up a lot too. And it's easy to get

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

That's the combo I have. PA and Florida gives you the same except Florida add Alabama. You got to go to PA to get it though.

This link helps you figure it out.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Why do you care if the officer knows you have a CCW by your plate or not? By law you must inform them when they come to your window anyway. Just curious. I feel that when they run your plate and see you are a CCW holder they are less likely to pull you over knowing you are legal and responsible enough to obtain said permit. VS pulling you over and fishing.

Why do you care if the officer knows you have a CCW by your plate or not? By law you must inform them when they come to your window anyway. Just curious. I feel that when they run your plate and see you are a CCW holder they are less likely to pull you over knowing you are legal and responsible enough to obtain said permit. VS pulling you over and fishing.

This ^^

If you are concerned about the police knowing you have your permit, you probably shouldn't get a permit.

Also not having your resident state permit but going and getting another states permit to carry here will eventually cause you problems. You are skirting the edge of the law, that makes you look guilty in a cops eyes and laws always change so you not being a Fl resident you may not hear of said change and find yourself in jail for illeagal carry. You're an Oh resident, get an Oh permit

The only thing I see that would benefit me as far as OH vs. FL is that FL includes Alabama, which we drive through 1-2x/ yr.

Thanks for all of the input. The main attraction of FL is the 7-year renewal and the inclusion of AL.

That's the combo I have. PA and Florida gives you the same except Florida add Alabama. You got to go to PA to get it though.

This link helps you figure it out.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

I remember seeing a lot of uncertainty online about the validity of having a nonresident out of state permit to carry in Ohio when you are an Ohio resident. Also California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Guam, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, New York City, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virgin Islands, Wisconsin, American Samoa, Illinois, N. Mariana Islands will not honor a non resident Florida permit. Get the Ohio then take a ride to Pennsylvania and get the Pennsylvania permit. Then if you still need Alabama send for Arizona.