Tim Tebow released by Jets

max power

Bingo...........

Holy crap. The Jet's took Geno Smith and cut Tebow. Why did that happen? Was it because Geno was a Muslim or a Hindu or a Mormon? Why would the Jet's hire one Christian and get rid of another if not for the disparity in ability. Tebow is terrible just like Archie Griffin. Just like Archie he can't cut it in the league. No talent college players get the very highest accolades sometime.

Tebow's entire fan base is comprised of super christians. These people like to think that tebow is being persecuted for his faith. This is the NFL. He is being persecuted because he cannot play QB at the highest level. It maybe time to look at the CFL where he would be considered a mediocre QB at best.

I'm aware there are many athletes that are Christian. I just think it's ridiculous to make such a huge deal about it' date=' use it to gain notoriety and completely miss the point of a personal relationship with Jesus. Keep that shit to yourself, or face the wrath of the unwashed masses. You can't have the spotlight and then bitch when it gets too hot. I don't feel sorry for him, in any way. People starve to death every day. He got cut from a football team. Pretty sure he's still doing alright. Poor rich, white American. We should all pray for him. Life must be rough.[/quote']

I meant that I think it's ridiculous to say he's treated unfairly because of his beliefs. There are many athletes that are Christians. I've seen tons of post game interviews where the first comment is thanking God helping one team beat the other.

The ability to play is all that matters in pro sports. Ray Lewis was probably involved in a murder and will be a first ballot hall of famer.

Edited by Tpoppa

No, there's no anti-Christian bias in America. Nor on this forum.

IIRC, he didn't jump out with his faith. He gave thanks by taking a knee. Some made fun of him, some supported him. When he was asked early-on why he did it, he simply told the people. MANY athletes cross their chests or point toward the sky when they make a great play.

The media couldn't dig up any photos of him with hookers and blow, so they mocked him because of his beliefs. Did the ensuing controversy overshadow his skills? Maybe or maybe not, but I think they probably became a bigger story (and more polarizing) than his ability.

The most endangered segment of our society is the white, straight, Christian male. He's made to look stupid, ignorant, and weak in the media, and especially news and TV.

THIS THREAD IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH TEBOW

He's an average NFL quarterback at best and everyone has now made a bigger deal out of him and turned it into many other directions. You all are in bed with ESPN now :p

THIS THREAD IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH TEBOW

He's an average NFL quarterback at best and everyone has now made a bigger deal out of him and turned it into many other directions. You all are in bed with ESPN now :p

This :D

Holy crap. The Jet's took Geno Smith and cut Tebow. Why did that happen? Was it because Geno was a Muslim or a Hindu or a Mormon? Why would the Jet's hire one Christian and get rid of another if not for the disparity in ability. Tebow is terrible just like Archie Griffin. Just like Archie he can't cut it in the league. No talent college players get the very highest accolades sometime.

Tebow's entire fan base is comprised of super christians. These people like to think that tebow is being persecuted for his faith. This is the NFL. He is being persecuted because he cannot play QB at the highest level. It maybe time to look at the CFL where he would be considered a mediocre QB at best.

That is funny.....and "these people"? :wtf: Sorry the guy is far from terrible, he hasn't been developed into the NFL QB that he could be or utilized in different ways along with a starting QB. The guy is an incredible athelete, and for anybody to say that he has been using his faith as notoriety and becoming popular, that is so far from the truth. He is open about his faith, he walks the walk and he talks the talk, he isn't a fake person nor does he think he is better than anybody else. The MEDIA and his fanbase and anti fanbase blew everything out of proportion and in essence made him a victim of his faith. The guy is legit, but since he has no baby Mama's and or doesn't come from a shitty upbringing, doesn't get DUI's, gambling problems, drug problems, no performance enhancing drugs, doesn't do the club scene, hasn't been to jail or prison......etc and I could go on and on about many of the pro athletes in football, baseball and basketball. Somebody will pick him up, and they will both be better for it.

Ok... now that I've had a toke and a shower' date=' I can get my head in this game.

Exactly what rights have been taken from Christians? What religious freedoms have been compromised? This notion of "most endangered segment of society" needs to be scrutinized. I need some clarification. Exactly what citations do you have to support this idea?

For the record, me making fun of your beliefs is not the same as your rights being infringed upon. That needs to be clear. You're free to believe in whatever superstition you wish and I'm free to mock that belief. That's how this works. Your beliefs aren't protected. Your right to practice them are protected.

That said, I'll be here.. waiting to read examples of said persecution and oppression. However, I believe you're going to find that it isn't so much that your rights are being infringed upon.. as much as it is other peoples' rights are finally beginning to become recognized. That isn't the same. I know that makes your nose hairs stand on end, but that's the cold, hard fact of the matter. Your right to religious freedom doesn't cover being mocked and it certainly doesn't cover forcing your archaic faith down my throat, nor jamming it in my business.[/quote']

Mock away and scrutinize away, you have every right to do that. Most of my friends are Atheists or Agnostics, however you will NEVER hear me bash or belittle them or any atheists or agnostics for that matter, it is all about respect and understanding coming from both stances. I think a person needs to be open minded somewhat about both stances, but to think that life as we know it is over and done once we take the dirt nap, well that is a pretty morbid and depressing thought to me. Believe as we shall, neither side should be persecuted IMHO. :) Tebow is not fake person, love the guy or hate the guy. I think it is terrible however, that many want to see him fail in the NFL.

When Tebow does this' date=' I'll consider him not a showboat for Jesus.[/quote']

Really..........so every Christian who has been successful should give away their personal belongings and wealth just to prove they are real Christians? :wtf: And I assure you one thing about Tebow, he gives allot of money away, and he also has spent a large majority of his life being selfless and helping others from all his missionary work all throughout his life. He will have a great and happy life no matter what happens in or after his NFL career, many others will not be able to say that. So yeah I respect him and admire him as a person, could care less how good of a QB he is. He sure was dominant and successful at the college level, and that was no fluke either.

I don't want to see anybody fail. I really don't care about him' date=' or his career in the NFL. I'm sure he's a swell guy. Probably very kind and compassionate. He's still a showboat.

Speaking on "morbid"... the thought of a loving god condemning me to eternity in hell for using deductive reasoning and logic is pretty morbid to me. That's no god I have time for. That's no god of compassion or love, either. [b']However, I wholly support your right to believe as you choose, so long as that belief doesn't infringe upon the rights of others. :)

Could not agree more with ya, however humans have failed "still are" time and time again while trying to use what we believe to be deductive reasoning and logic. ;) I have no worries or concerns in what I believe, and I hope all can find their happy place in life or the thereafter. You and many others have faith in what you believe, I feel it takes more faith not to believe. So as long as you are absolutely sure there is no one God, and are absolutely sure there is no eternity in either Heaven or Hell......then that is all that matters. :cool:

Ok... now that I've had a toke and a shower' date=' I can get my head in this game.

Exactly what rights have been taken from Christians? What religious freedoms have been compromised? This notion of "most endangered segment of society" needs to be scrutinized. I need some clarification. Exactly what citations do you have to support this idea?

For the record, me making fun of your beliefs is not the same as your rights being infringed upon. That needs to be clear. You're free to believe in whatever superstition you wish and I'm free to mock that belief. That's how this works. Your beliefs aren't protected. Your right to practice them are protected.

That said, I'll be here.. waiting to read examples of said persecution and oppression. However, I believe you're going to find that it isn't so much that your rights are being infringed upon.. as much as it is other peoples' rights are finally beginning to become recognized. That isn't the same. I know that makes your nose hairs stand on end, but that's the cold, hard fact of the matter. Your right to religious freedom doesn't cover being mocked and it certainly doesn't cover forcing your archaic faith down my throat, nor jamming it in my business.[/quote']

No, it just shows how petty you are to think it's your right to make fun of others who differ in their spiritual beliefs....it reminds me of the bully's in grade school. Mocking others is a sign of ignorance, intolerance, bigotry, hatred, and immaturity to name just a few of the issues. The irony is that no one will ever threaten to kill you for not believing the Gospel....try that with an extremist Muslim.

You sure Christians don't condemn others for not believing in their god? You really want to take that stance in this topic? For the record' date=' I don't stand on street corners shouting my distain for religion. I interject my opinion when the topic arises.[/quote']

It all boils down to there are always gonna be annoying and intrusive people "especially some Christians" who have an agenda or who just enjoy harassing and irritating people because they are convinced they are right. They feel that is what others should be believing or doing, this way of thinking and actions has always existed throughout history. More people should try to look for the good in people, instead of their differences or what they don't agree with. Sadly this will never come to a majority fruition. :(

I didn't say he wasn't a real Christian. I said he was a show boat. Don't get pissy with me. Those are Jesus' words. Not mine. :dunno:

Not being pissy at all' date=' was just expressing my opinion of him just like you as I see the person he is. Here is one of many interesting links which explains a bit better what that quote of scripture means, and the Bible is [u']full of parables and other examples as you know. :) And there was allot more to that little quote that you gave. This is fun!!!!!!!

http://www.cupofwrath.com/bible-questions/camel-needle.php

I want to see proof that you "know that makes my nose hairs stand on end". I'll be here waiting. Gotta say, I've never heard that phrase before.

A toke helps you think more clearly? Never quite worked that way for me, but to each their own.

Looks like you're going to use Justin's tactic of "give me some hard numbers for your offhand comment" to diffuse me.

You really think there are studies or such to support what I said ("the most endangered segment of our society is straight, white, Christian males")? I realize that that info doesn't exist. I can tell that one bike has faster acceleration than another without using an accelerometer. Some things are just observations, and one doesn't need a study or device to "know" that its so. I observe what I hear, see, and experience. I don't break it down to the nth degree and file it away just in case I get in a discussion with IP on ORDN.

Observations and beliefs. Thats all.

When Tebow does this' date=' I'll consider him not a showboat for Jesus.[/quote']

Classic. Pull one piece of scripture, aimed at making one example, and paint a broad brush with it.

The Bible doesn't excoriate wealth, and it diesn't discourage it. It does discourage greed, envy, and not taking care of the less fortunate.

It almost seems like you are holding his Christianity against him...

And I assure you one thing about Tebow, he gives allot of money away, and he also has spent a large majority of his life being selfless and helping others from all his missionary work all throughout his life.>>

Uh oh. Now IP is gonna ask you for your sources.

<<He will have a great and happy life no matter what happens in or after his NFL career, many others will not be able to say that.>>

I agree. One probably doesn't understand unless they've seen. He is most likely very disappointed, but I don't think he's going to fret too much about it. He seems to keep himself busy. He'll be fine.