Finally completely DONE!

redkow97

congrats, now let us in on the secret :D which bike(s) are u dreaming to get for the street in couple of months?

I prefer 6 cheap bikes to one expensive bike.

I am debating between first gen bandit 1200, SV650, and Tuna has an F3 for sale cheap that I like.

I plan to build a "sport standard" for street use and light track duty. I'm gravitating toward SV's and F3's though, because their lack of hooligan power is compensated by the fact that I could race either with WERA, and probably surprise some 600 super bike newbs with MotoSeries.

When your pulled over and you say, "I swear officer, I didnt know it was illegal" the cop responds with "Ignorance of the law is no excuse" That should be a two way street.

So you're saying you know everything there is to know about your profession? Cops know what they deal with regularly, and do what they have to to be effective. That can lead them to bad habits that violate the rights of innocent parties, but it's not like there aren't consequences for that.

Plus, depending on the facts, whether or not someone has broken the law is debatable. If everything were as cut and dry as you're making it sound, criminal trials would not exist.

So you're saying you know everything there is to know about your profession? Cops know what they deal with regularly, and do what they have to to be effective. That can lead them to bad habits that violate the rights of innocent parties, but it's not like there aren't consequences for that.

Plus, depending on the facts, whether or not someone has broken the law is debatable. If everything were as cut and dry as you're making it sound, criminal trials would not exist.

Under no circumstances am I saying i know everything about my profession. However cops don't let an ordinary citizen off based on ignorance of the law, but were supposed to look the other way when a cop would violate our rights based on that very same ignorance. In a perfect world there would be no criminals and I wouldn't feel compelled to carry a gun concealed where ever I go, but that's simply not the case. Those that enforce the laws should be held to a higher standard and should be made to understand the law without reservation. If there is ever a doubt that leo should never be cleared for duty. However history has shown us numerous times a complete and utter disregard for a citizens rights, and sometimes the insuing coverups that result.

I do hope you are successful in your career and are able to keep such instances to a minimum

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Under no circumstances am I saying i know everything about my profession. However cops don't let an ordinary citizen off based on ignorance of the law, but were supposed to look the other way when a cop would violate our rights based on that very same ignorance. In a perfect world there would be no criminals and I wouldn't feel compelled to carry a gun concealed where ever I go, but that's simply not the case. Those that enforce the laws should be held to a higher standard and should be made to understand the law without reservation. If there is ever a doubt that leo should never be cleared for duty. However history has shown us numerous times a complete and utter disregard for a citizens rights, and sometimes the insuing coverups that result.

I do hope you are successful in your career and are able to keep such instances to a minimum

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't think I'd wake up this morning and defend the police, but here goes.

Police aren't robots, they're human. Human beings make mistakes. Also, no human alive on this planet has a complete understanding of the massive beast that is the breadth of laws in this country, at ANY jurisdictional level.

You're interchanging two issues here that are, by definition, separate. If a citizen honestly did not know they were breaking the law, but was still violating the law, then that's still an illegal act. Ignorance isn't an excuse, but if you can show in court that you have mitigating circumstances, then that's why we have judges to exercise judicial discretion. This, however, is a COMPLETELY different issue than a cop who willfully disregards the statutes that he/she are aware of. Here, you have a intent to deprive you of your rights, and that by itself is illegal.

The real problem is the police have no accountability for their actions and are shielded to an incredible degree by their unions and others that would seek to lionize them. THAT is what needs to change.

However, if you still believe that your knowledge of the law needs to change, there are plenty of law schools in this country that would be happy to have you as a student.

• Upvote 1

I didn't think I'd wake up this morning and defend the police, but here goes.

Police aren't robots, they're human. Human beings make mistakes. Also, no human alive on this planet has a complete understanding of the massive beast that is the breadth of laws in this country, at ANY jurisdictional level.

You're interchanging two issues here that are, by definition, separate. If a citizen honestly did not know they were breaking the law, but was still violating the law, then that's still an illegal act. Ignorance isn't an excuse, but if you can show in court that you have mitigating circumstances, then that's why we have judges to exercise judicial discretion. This, however, is a COMPLETELY different issue than a cop who willfully disregards the statutes that he/she are aware of. Here, you have a intent to deprive you of your rights, and that by itself is illegal.

The real problem is the police have no accountability for their actions and are shielded to an incredible degree by their unions and others that would seek to lionize them. THAT is what needs to change.

However, if you still believe that your knowledge of the law needs to change, there are plenty of law schools in this country that would be happy to have you as a student.

This ^

People make mistakes, we all do. We would have no police if we required officers to know every single damn law perfectly before we cleared them for duty. Being charged with something is just that, the officer believes you have done something unlawful and then there is a system to decide if that is true or not.

I wouldn't mind being a cop. Wonder if it would pay enough to be worth my while with law school loans hanging over my head.

Not sure I have the temperament for it.

But my point is that we can't expect an ultra-high level of competency from a profession that requires a high-school diploma, and 6 months of police academy...

I have 7.5 years of college education, and I still couldnt' keep up with every new development in the law if I were on patrol 12 hours a day.