Freshly Graduated Mechanical Engineer

RSparky

Hey all,

Figured I'd post here, as well as my usual job search. I graduated from Wright State University with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, and a 3.0 average. I have worked in a shop, using a mill, lathe, power drills, welder, disc grinder, table saw, and other hand tools. I have been at a co-op at AK Steel for 11 months now, doing hand drawing revisions as well as some engineering projects along the way. At WSU, besides the usual math, math, math, I learned how to use Solidworks and MATLAB proficiently. I've also had experience with ANSYS and Labview.

Ohio jobs are cool, but I am also completely willing to relocate to a warmer locale, as well.

Any leads are appreciated.

If you want warm weather and an awesome pay check, go oil industry in texas. I had a friend with a MS in mech eng making six figures after a year and a half.

Oh, and congrats!

Congrats on completing the degree! :cheers:

I don't have any good leads in this area however you might want to check out the Charlotte, NC area. It is booming with tech and engineering jobs. If you have any interest in aerospace, Huntsville, AL is a great location (plus better weather!). Huntsville has a very low cost of living too.

That's all I have to offer.:smilieRR:

Check out all the companies on Linkedin.

I know for a fact General Atomics out in San Diego is hiring....cant really get better weather than that. Check out all the Defense contractors as well.

• 3 weeks later...

You might also want to consider looking at Telecommunications - especially on the wireless cellular side of the industry. There are lots of positions out there for Engineers, including entry level - just start searching the interwebs for more information.

Check out the fortune 500 list and start working your way down their corporate websites. If you cannot land a job in one of the top 200 companies, I would recommend reviewing your cv and cover letter.

also check out large contractors (URS, Battelle, AECOM, Raytheon, etc.)

BTW; congrats and good luck with your job search.

• 3 weeks later...