Open carry lawsuit out of Dayton.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

there was no crime to investigate.

No their job is to enforce the laws not to become the TV show "Person of Intrest"

A concern call was made, doesn't have to be a crime. Had they not of asked questions and something happen this story would be about a crime that could of been prevented. Damded if the do damded if they don't kind a thing.

A concern call was made, doesn't have to be a crime. Had they not of asked questions and something happen this story would be about a crime that could of been prevented. Damded if the do damded if they don't kind a thing.

And it should have stopped when the call was made.

The dispatcher should have said is he pointing or doing anything illegal with the firearm.

No

Okay have a good day because it is legal in Ohio to carry a firearm.

It's ok to lie to the police, if you are currently obeying the law:rolleyes:

How did he lie? His ID wasn't on his person and he had no duty to provide it even if it was.

It's ok to lie to the police, if you are currently obeying the law:rolleyes:

he didnt lie, lieing would be saying he is someone other than he is, he didnt identify is what he didnt do, they asked him if he had his id on him, he said no, even though it was in his truck, it wasnt on him. So he didnt lie, he side stepped the question neither is illegal

I firmly believe there is no reason to open carry, other than to gain attention or get a reaction.

Did he do anything illegal, probably not. Stupid, yes. Further the anti-gun agenda, yes. Make us look bad in the news, yes. No reason for it.

:nono: So by standing for his right under both the US and OH constitutions is furthering the anti gun movement, and makes us look bad in the news?

It would be reasonable to assume he drove his vehicle there. Why would a law abiding citizen not have access to their ID if they just drove to a gas station?

If he had left his ID in his wallet in his vehicle. I dont always carry my ID on me when I get out of my vehicle.

It would be reasonable to assume he drove his vehicle there. Why would a law abiding citizen not have access to their ID if they just drove to a gas station?

Why would a law abiding citizen need to access their ID when they have done nothing illegal?

• Upvote 1

This was in the inner city? Not in the norm for most people to open carry. He is one of the people who goes out looking for trouble with cameras and recordings. I hope he loses his case and his lawyers bill cost him a ton of money. Just show your i.d. and be on your way. Whats the big deal?

So his intent was to deceive the police.

Highly doubt that he knew for a fact he was going to be stopped or detained. Saying that makes you look like a jackass and would imply guilt on everyone man, and woman, who leaves their wallets and purses with their IDs in their vehicles and just use cash to pay for gas, or to get a pop.

This was in the inner city? Not in the norm for most people to open carry. He is one of the people who goes out looking for trouble with cameras and recordings. I hope he loses his case and his lawyers bill cost him a ton of money. Just show your i.d. and be on your way. Whats the big deal?

Because we have rights.

:nono: So by standing for his right under both the US and OH constitutions is furthering the anti gun movement, and makes us look bad in the news?

Yes. Because the media will spin it too fit their needs and the uninformed/under informed public will eat it up.

It does more harm than good.

I firmly believe there is no reason to open carry, other than to gain attention or get a reaction.

Did he do anything illegal, probably not. Stupid, yes. Further the anti-gun agenda, yes. Make us look bad in the news, yes. No reason for it.

So then are you promoting people who are in the proccess of getting their ccw to illegally conceal? I open carried until i had my ccw permit and still do on occasion. I see plenty of ccw people flash their gun to friends for "attention whore" purposes.

This guy did nothing wrong, open carry is legal regardless if you like it or not. He broke no laws, and open carry does not mean your looking "to initiate interactions by law enforcement", its his way of carry/defense and its his choice not yours.

POLICE DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT SO ASK FOR ID OR SEIZE PERSONAL PROPERTY IF NO LAWS WERE BROKEN ACCORDING TO THE CONSTITUTION. In this case they did not even have probable cause. If you disagree with that because he had a gun, then they should assume everyone who has alcohol is going to drink and drive right? seize that shit and detain them.

Everyone who has pain killers is a drug dealer right? seize that shit and detain them.

Everyone who has pressure cookers is a terrorist right? seize that shit and detain them.

Should I continue?

Edited by scottie.harris
  • Upvote 4