Open carry lawsuit out of Dayton.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

I believe he is already a lawyer

yes but obviously he isnt up on firearms law and how it coincides with civil rights law. Since Buckeye Firearms is to be considered the resident expert for Ohio gun laws, i figure he might need some help

yes but obviously he isnt up on firearms law and how it coincides with civil rights law. Since Buckeye Firearms is to be considered the resident expert for Ohio gun laws, i figure he might need some help

Oh I know what you meant unfortunately he does not

Put yourself in the cops shoes? It's 4am you are in a known problem neighborhood responding to a man with a gun call. Do you think you would ask the man in question for his I.D. or just let him go on his way? I'm not a cop or a lawyer but think it not unreasonable to ask to see I.D. for a precautionary measure.

Those are not random and are announced.

I sure bet they feel random as shit when you're drunk and driving home lol. Thanks for explaining that. I always wondered why the news told drunk peeps how not to drive home.

Put yourself in the cops shoes? It's 4am you are in a known problem neighborhood responding to a man with a gun call. Do you think you would ask the man in question for his I.D. or just let him go on his way? I'm not a cop or a lawyer but think it not unreasonable to ask to see I.D. for a precautionary measure.

He could have come right out and told him that he was responding to a MWAG call and simply asked the guy if he was open carrying, the common response would have been that yes he was. That should have been enough for them. Specially if thats all the call was. If it was a MWAG waving it around and shouting threats at customers, well then that would've been a different type of call and would have warranted further investigation.

What cops are evil and on a hell bent mission to arrest you on any made up charge possible. How dare they announce where a check point is going to be thats entrapment they should be sued for $3.6 million for causing you mental grief and damages for a buzz kill....

If I was a properly trained LEO no I would not have acted the same way that they did bad neighborhood or not it doesn't matter. That logic is no different than pulling over a black man wearing a du-rag driving a pimped out cutlass just because he's black and in a rich white neighborhood. If the cops were properly trained which obviously they were not then they would have know how to respond.

If the cop was responding to a man waving a gun around acting crazy the suspect would have been greeted with guns drawn on him behind cover. I see nothing wrong with how he was asked for I.D. can you not admit this guy was out to try to prove a point at what ever cost?

Just because you CHOOSE not to open carry and CHOOSE to provide information even though you've done nothing wrong is your CHOICE, not the law.

If I ask you for ID and you ask me what you did I have to tell you. If I say just doing a routine investigation you are allowed, by law, to decline to give me ID. If I say, I saw you INSERT CRIME HERE and you refused ID, I now have the ability by law to detain you.

I could initiate a traffic stop for speeding and ask to search your car. You have done nothing wrong and if I have no PC would you let me search your car?

Even though it is against what an officer wants, you can say no. In all reality it raises more suspicion but if you've done no wrong then your fine. Just be sure you've done no wrong.

Edited by baggyp
  • Upvote 1

If you are a young black man driving a pimped out car in a nice neighborhood and get pulled over and react the same way this guy did then you deserve to get hassled.. If you comply and show I.D. with a non aggressive demeanor you would be on your way soon I bet. Act like a dick get treated like one...

• Upvote 1

If the cop was responding to a man waving a gun around acting crazy the suspect would have been greeted with guns drawn on him behind cover. I see nothing wrong with how he was asked for I.D. can you not admit this guy was out to try to prove a point at what ever cost?

He may or may not of been going out of his way, it doesn't matter he has no responsibility to show ID. The proper response from the officer would of been to let the gentelman know that he was within his rights to be OC and sent him on his way and the officer could of informed the clerk that OC is allowed by law.

If you are a young black man driving a pimped out car in a nice neighborhood and get pulled over and react the same way this guy did then you deserve to get hassled.. If you comply and show I.D. with a non aggressive demeanor you would be on your way soon I bet. Act like a dick get treated like one...

Really??? Ok then so if you drove a beat up old pick up through a rich black neighborhood than you deserve to be pulled over for being white in a rich black neighborhood?

Maybe his whole intention was to prove that Riverside officers are not properly trained. Which he did a good job of proving.

Edited by conn-e-rot

You would have to have PC to pull the car over. There was no PC in this incident, unless buying a drink at speedway is against the law

Maybe his whole intention was to prove that Dayton officers are not properly trained. Which he did a good job of proving.

Riverside officers. Dayton Officers have their moments, but had he been black, he wouldve been arrested for something fabricated

If I got pulled over I would simply give ID answer the officers questions and try not to fuel a hostile situation. If I refused to show i.d. acted like a tool and was detained I would most certainly not try to sue anyone..It is not being a sheep it is respecting leo in a job that sucks.

• Upvote 2

If I got pulled over I would simply give ID answer the officers questions and try not to fuel a hostile situation. If I refused to show i.d. acted like a tool and was detained I would most certainly not try to sue anyone..It is not being a sheep it is respecting leo in a job that sucks.

If your pulled over you have commitied a crime and are by law required to provide certain information. You making an apple to oranges comparison.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2921.29 orc on providing identification

Edited by grapesmuggler27

You completely missed the point