gunner75's crash thread

Gixxus Christ!

I am being told to contact a lawyer concerning the phone call the local agent and myself had on March 28. When I spoke to her then she was to make the appropriate policy changes and then call me back with the new rates. We also spoke about my auto policy being brought over from Geico to Allstate and we spoke about renters insurance as well. She swears she never even heard my name before yesterday. I asked her then how does she explain a 16 minute conversation on March 28 to her office number, she said that she didn't know but it wasn't her that I spoke to. It had to have been as she told me today that shes the only one in the office who can make policy changes for customers.

What a crock. Keep at 'em, they try to stick with what's in black and white when it comes to paying out simply to save them money.....but when your rates inflate because that particular agency had a lot of claims in a particular year, they dont care how badly it hurts your wallet. I understand insurance providers are in the business of staying profitable, as in all businesses.....but when things like this happen it just shows the true colors of their business ethics in general :nono:

I hope there can be a resolve for your benefit, and they should do so if they intend to keep you as a policy holder.

Let me talk to my bandmates about the possibility of hosting a fund raiser show to help you out. We've played a couple already this year and raised money for good causes. Won't be enough to pay off your debt, but would surely help. I'll be in touch with details/answers bro

have an attorney write a letter to them, they might decide to play nicer (can often get this done pro-bono if you know someone or knows someone who knows someone)

good luck with this, and above all, it's good that you're not in pieces.

Gunner sorry to here of your misfortune. If you wish pm me your phone number. My wife is a licensed agent and can give you some info that may or may not help your case. No guarantees but she says there are options.

Gunner sorry to here of your misfortune. If you wish pm me your phone number. My wife is a licensed agent and can give you some info that may or may not help your case. No guarantees but she says there are options.

Pm sent. Send me a text ahead of time I usually don't answer numbers I don't know

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yes you did the agent is lying saying she never spoke to me I told her on the phone on march 28 that I had to have full coverage with collision. She said she would make the changes and call me back with the rate changes. Now she says she's never heard my name prior to yesterday. I've got cell phone logs showing I got a call from her on march 28 and I've got 1 personalized email from her.

Why didn't you follow up when she didn't call you back? You just assumed that the changes were made? Did you think there was no change in your bill but you now had comprehensive?

I made one payment from the original starting payment. My payment did go up $12 from what the original was

In the end I took her at her word when she told me that she would make the changes. I had assumed she would and the rate change was it I've since learned that isn't the case that I shouldve followed up. I find it asinine that a customer can't count on good service and trust to do the job right.

Edited by Gunner75

My dad is an insurance agent and that's where I got my laziness from. I'm I'm charge of all of our insurance at work and luckily cause of my Dad learned to NEVER take an insurance agent at their word

Forks are for sure I'm assuming the end over end tumble it took is a for sure thing that the frame is bent.

I'm still in it for payments on the loan. So I figure if I can find out what's bad I can replace them off of parts on ebay. Last i heard there was a fork swap for some older 636 forks that was cheap. Might as well fix it and get it back on the road

Edited by Gunner75

Got some shitty news today. My insurance (Allstate) says that I do not have collision coverage on my bike, I initially purchased a liability/comprehensive policy, when I went to add the collision coverage to my policy it wouldnt allow it due to a need for a call from a local agent. I did speak with an agent. We talked about the need for full coverage due to having a loan on the bike. We talked about having my auto coverage brought over and we talked about renters insurance. The agent told me on the phone that she would make the necessary changes to my policy and then call me back with the rate changes. The looks of the policy shows she never made the changes and she never called me back. She also swears she never spoke with me, however I have my call logs showing where her and I talked for 16 minutes on March 28. Ive started a claim and they said i will be contacted by the investigator soon. I dont think it will go anywhere as their paper work and my policy doesnt show collision coverage. However I do have the paperwork showing where she called me, and where our conversation lasted for 16 minutes.

In the end it looks like Im going to be stuck footing the bill to get the bike back on the road. I just need to get the money raised to get it from where it was towed.

In a subsequent post, you say your bill went up $12 a month - what is Allstate sayng that increase is for?

If you don't have the new policy, didn't sign anything, and didn't receive updated cards; you're probably shit out of luck.

The agent can easily explain a 16 minute phone call, that doesn't prove anything. You could have been heavy breathing on the phone for 16 minutes.

I originally had coverage through geico last year then changed to allstate in march. The sales guy verified my coverage then and faxed the paperwork to the lender

What I'm asking is, when you changed coverage, wasn't the insurance company aware there was a lienholder? It's a standard question that always gets asked.

If you said yes, you are required by law in Ohio to carry full coverage. It's not an option not to have. The insurance company cannot sell you less coverage knowing there is a lien on the bike.

Somewhere, someone fucked up.