gunner75's crash thread

Gixxus Christ!

Next, they're going to total it and try to screw you over again, by saying it's worth less than what you owe, in an attempt to make you payoff the remainder amount.

I can understand that. They told me they will probably total it out for the fair market value. What is that based on? The Kelly Blue Book, or the NADA? Do they go with the retail or trade in? According to NADA it was valued at $5145 used low retail, and $6770 used high retail. KBB shows it has $5740 as suggested retail value. 

When I totaled my bike, all I had to do to "prove" fair market value was to show them several private listings for my bike.

Find the highest listings you can and fight them tooth and nail for every penny. Also, get them to cover ALL your gear and aftermarket stuff while you got them on the run. Don't be crazy unreasonable of course... They can make this very hard for you if they want, so when they take a hard line on something unimportant, let them have a win so they don't file you under "cray cray"

Will they want receipts for my gear and aftermarket parts? I've looked around on craigslist for other 650's and can only find older years for private listings. Should I just use my bike or comparible bikes like a sv650 or a yzf6r? Should I throw in some kelly blue book and nada prices as well?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I just stopped out at my location where I wrecked, and I'm rather freaked out by it. I don't know why....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I am freaked out about your wreck too, you are a blessed man my friend.

Ok so Ive gone about and gotten together some adds from local craigslistings for 2012 Ninja 650's for when the adjuster calls me.  Im finding prices from as low as 5700 to as high as 7200, Should I gather prices for the aftermarket gear I had on my bike as well? Should I include the cost of my riding gear as well? 

Unless you had additional custom parts coverage, I doubt they'll consider the aftermarket equip in their paid value. May as well collect prices on the stuff just in case, but the policies on the last 2 bikes I've had I'd added $1k in custom parts coverage to ensure extra payback

I wouldn't count your chickens until they've hatched. Just because an investigator has suggested that they are at fault doesn't mean they are gonna pay out.

Save screenshots of the CL ads and do your homework, but I wouldn't expect them to be real flexible even if they do pay out. I wouldn't expect them to offer you more than what they determine to be fair market value and I expect if you argue about it they might tell you to piss off. If you didn't actually have a policy, they don't actually owe you a thing as harsh as that sounds.

In the future, don't throw a leg over the bike unless you have an insurance card and a policy signed and in hand. A receipt is a good thing to have too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In the future, don't throw a leg over the bike unless you have an insurance card and a policy signed and in hand. A receipt is a good thing to have too.

I ain't going over this again. Suffice it to say the investigator just called my case was proven they are gonna cover me. And yes I had collision coverage for aftermarket add ons

yes I'm posting this from my GS3

I ain't going over this again. Suffice it to say the investigator just called my case was proven they are gonna cover me. And yes I had collision coverage for aftermarket add ons

yes I'm posting this from my GS3

Again, don't spend your money until you have a check in hand. This IS an insurance company we are talking about and the investigator works for them. I wish you luck, but common sense says be vigilant.

Again, don't spend your money until you have a check in hand. This IS an insurance company we are talking about and the investigator works for them. I wish you luck, but common sense says be vigilant.

I havent made plans for anything yet, I know its not over till after i have a check in hand. 

Ok so I met with the inspector today. According to her. Allstate is assessing a value of my bike at $7007 they are giving me a value of $517 for aftermarket parts after my $500 deductible the inspector says they should make me an offer of $7017 or about that. They haven't assessed a cost to my gear yet. I am being told by a local friend who just recently had an insurance assessment done for his bike and he is telling me that they might be valuing my bike at that much, that the adjuster is going to low ball the dog shit outta me. He is saying that they will probably offer me around $5000 or so and hope I take it. He is also telling me that I need to push for them to give me more close to the NADA retail value and hold out to get them to cover the entire retail cost of my gear. As well as the medical coverage's for my back. 

What's some thoughts from the rest of ya'll?

Its not just Central part of the state..... No shortage of squids who want to race me on 480 on my comute to work, Usually with their girlfriend on the back. Use to be I would go ahead and play with them, but I have come to believe most of these kids on sport bikes have no clue how to turn of brake.

The problem has never been high-performance motorcycles; it has always been low-performance riders.