Xbox One.....

baptizo

Anyone check out the Microsoft official unveiling earlier this week?

Xbox 1 -> Xbox 360 -> Xbox One - not exactly creative, eh, MS?

Now for some serious bullshit.....

Microsoft tells CNET that the Xbox One will not be backward compatible with any previous Xbox game. Xbox One games will also need to be fully installed, and if the install disc is used on another console, there will be a small fee for doing so. We don't have a lot of the details beyond that, but fears of anti-used-game tactics have officially been realized.

I am also reading that the games will not be tied to disc requiring installation onto the HD and an activation code. Selling or trading the game disc will require a new full price code.

I might still get one but if the gif below holds any truth.....probably not.  

iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

This does not suprise me....  There have been talks of another fee to activate a used game for a few years now.  I look for Playstation to follow the lead.  If they do I don't know if I will continue console gaming.

• Upvote 1

This does not suprise me....  There have been talks of another fee to activate a used game for a few years now.  I look for Playstation to follow the lead.  If they do I don't know if I will continue console gaming.

I agree....it almost makes me want to finally shell out the $$$ for a dedicated gaming PC.  

I'm a pretty avid gamer and my response was.....ehhhh whatever

Used game companies like gamestop rape the industry and provide no value.....and people are getting pissy because they will have to pay more to activate their used games.  Pay attention to release week sales and you won't have to pay more than $40 each title(either by a direct sale, or by acquiring game credit $'s).  Companies have already adopted this model with $10 fees to activate the online portion of games if you do not have the code that is supplied with the original game.  Why do you think DLC is so prevalent? 

The new kinect actually looks interesting with the increased fidelity.  Having to always be connected is a non-issue since it is packaged with every box.

Requiring an internet connection is also a non-factor for me, since I always will.  Just like 99% of the people who are going to drop the coin on this box.

Installing each disc? GOOD, maybe that will reduce loading times and negate having to insert the disc....leading to a better overall experience, even though people will bitch because they don't have the patience to pop a disc in and wait for 30 minutes while it rips.

Will I buy one?  I haven't seen a single thing that has excited me.   Forza 5 looked good, but that is not a killer app, I type that as Forza 4 is loading a race on my 360.

• Upvote 1

One thing I forgot to mention, there is a neat feature that I have no interest in...fantasy team tracking and notifications while watching TV.  I knew it would be a hit with some of my coworkers and it was.  One guy went from no interest, to saying he will buy one on that note alone.  Insanity.

I agree....it almost makes me want to finally shell out the $$$ for a dedicated gaming PC.  

Come over to PC gaming. If you live by me I can help you with your pc and build it for you as well. No cost. I spent a lot on my pc and the pure power compared to these consoles is better and I prefer keyboard and mouse over ananlog controller that has a slow response time. I knew about the activation fees and the indusrty wants to go all digitial. It makes sense. They will be charging more for HDD space now. The new kinect is a turn off for me and more like big brother can always watch you now. The new focus on it being used for everything is dumb as well. I dont want cable tv to be played through my xbox. All the new features are not that impressive and I don't like how it is going away from gaming. At this point it is all about money and MS teaming up with EA is just stupid. EA one of the worst corporations out there that does not care about gaming but looks only at the profit. That corrupt pos company takes out there competition by buying certain rights to franchises. I liked 2k sports better and there sports games were better. $500 for the xbox one and a price increase of xbox live to $120 a year. I will stick with my pc. If they come out with a hardcore gamer only xbox I will buy it. All these stupid  apps on the unit are pointless. Lets just see how Gamestop deals with this. Lets just see what they say at E3 but if its more of this crap then I'm out.

Edited by Mr Anderson

Also I use Steam for all my pc games and dlc. My friend has several of the same games and dlc that I have. Game dlc does not go down on abox live unless they have a sale. You can buy a crappy game for $10 and its dlc with still be over $100 like several EA games. I can buy a game and all its DLC for $10 on steam while my friend paid over $100 for the samething. That and MS forces game developes to put a price tag on DLC. Remember when DLC use to be free. Most people dont know this but all your really paying for is the key to unlock most of the DLC that is already programmed onto the game. Its content that is already on the game on release date lol. I understand companies need to make money but at this point its just looked at as a profit value and were just a number. Steam sales are great and I have saved hundreds and own more games and pay less for the samething. If I'm going to be paying for xbox live then all there games should be dedicated servers only. Im tired of buying so called ms game like Halo and being on a host based connection. PC games do it and even Counterstrike has more dedicated servers and that game is old. The constant shit talking on xbox live by little kids is annoying. The pc community does not have this lol. At least in the 10 years I have met better people. Its just my 2 cents but I'm sure this console will sell great.

Edited by Mr Anderson
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, no doubt it'll be another stellar seller for MS.  

At this point, though, if I get a new gen console, it'll probably be the PS4 at this point.  I spend the majority of my free time on both my 360 and PS3 so a console is a must have for my entertainment quota since I don't have cable TV - just OTA and stream everything I watch.  

As for the XBOX One....it sounds uber-sweet but I just don't want all of the micro-management bullshit included....I get enough of that at work all day.  

Source?

Micrsoft Xbox One conference from May 21st. http://www.businessinsider.com/xbox-one-price-2013-5 looks like it will be $14.99 a month for the 2 year plan and xbox one to be $300 with that plan.

I hqve no clue what dlc is :confused: I more then likely won't buy one for a few years don't play my 360 now but its one of those things that's nice to have

DLC is downloadable content. All games have it now.

Edited by Mr Anderson

I bought a new 360 because of Halo 3. When the developers release games specifically geared toward one platform, they drag out the storyline gamers to buy new shit. Because well, I want to see Cheif kick some more ass.

I will most likely purchase a new box. Alll of the features don't really impress me. I won't use half of that crap.

Paying to activate a used copy doesn't really bother me. I don't really buy alot of used games.

HD or cloud play doesn't bother me either. I loathe having to change discs to play a different game. So that is a step in the right direction for me.

Cost is certainly a deciding factor if they do increase XBOX live subscription cost it will turn me off a bit. But not too much.

Hopefully they learned from the PS3 not to charge $600 for a new console.

That seems to be speculation.  I see it being worse than that.  

Looks like it for xbox live. The actual cost for Xbox One is $500 and this was confirmed by the head of Microsoft at the conference.

the only thing I was hoping for was ala-cart streaming TV.  They have sort of started it with the 360, I was hoping that the new one would take it to what it should be, but it looks like we are still screwed there.

As far as the rest of the stuff, I am a little salty over the used game bit, but several publishers do that crap already via DLC.  Bottom line, I will like get one at some point, once there is an OMG game that I can't get on my PC.  Hell the only thing that got me to get the 360 to begin with was Rock Band.

• Upvote 1

the only thing I was hoping for was ala-cart streaming TV.  They have sort of started it with the 360, I was hoping that the new one would take it to what it should be, but it looks like we are still screwed there.

As far as the rest of the stuff, I am a little salty over the used game bit, but several publishers do that crap already via DLC.  Bottom line, I will like get one at some point, once there is an OMG game that I can't get on my PC.  Hell the only thing that got me to get the 360 to begin with was Rock Band.

Yeah, I THOUGHT "they" were saying that cable and satellite TV would be dead by now, due to everyone streaming instead of watching live?  I still don't see it working that way. since "they" have controlled that by not releasing the content until the next day after it airs on TV.  

I went through 3 xbox red ring of deaths before buying 1 ps3 and have it last for years.Also having free online game play was a big factor along with blu ray. Ill likely stick with the ps4 but I havent followed any of the release speculations. Im going to have a hard time shelling ~$500 for a console though. I do like the trend away from using discs because like Cdubyah I hate changing them.

Edited by Mykill