Plan B Trip Ideas Needed.

Tonik

So this month the wife and I are taking a week and hitting Maine on the bike.  7 days, 2000 miles. So nothing hardcore but it will be good. However, the weather for the whole month up there looks like crap. Lots of rain.  We can change dates at the last minute but that may not save us. So I am looking for ideas for a similar trip. Basic requirements, A day or two of slab to get there and back is no problem. Lots of things to see along the way, historical crap, cool towns....stuff like that. Not a boatload of miles..something around 2K for the week.

Right now my Plan B is the Natchez Trace Parkway....3 days down, 2 days in New Orleans then slab 2 days back.

Any other ideas that I may be missing?

So this month the wife and I are taking a week and hitting Maine on the bike.  7 days, 2000 miles. So nothing hardcore but it will be good. However, the weather for the whole month up there looks like crap. Lots of rain.  We can change dates at the last minute but that may not save us. So I am looking for ideas for a similar trip. Basic requirements, A day or two of slab to get there and back is no problem. Lots of things to see along the way, historical crap, cool towns....stuff like that. Not a boatload of miles..something around 2K for the week.

Right now my Plan B is the Natchez Trace Parkway....3 days down, 2 days in New Orleans then slab 2 days back.

Any other ideas that I may be missing?

You need to switch to end of Jun or July for a Maine trip, I went 5 years ago and was really glad I did not go any earlier.

Edited by Pokey

You need to switch to end of Jun or July for a Maine trip, I went 5 years ago and was really glad I did not go any earlier.

Good advice, done.  We hit the Natchez Saturday ending in NOLA for a couple of days. Then a two day slab back.

• Upvote 1

Adirondacks

Lake MI loop.

Lake MI with Lake Superior added in

Up to Toronto and on to Tremblant

Penn. to DC and Philly to do the Patriotic/Civil war sights.

Ozarks (I think you mentioned you did that)

I am doing the New Orleans after Barber and plan to hit the Blues trail in the delta on up towards Memphis. Graceland, Mud Island, tourist type stuff with the kids. Natchez back was an idea.

Being from the south I'm all for the trace! Beautiful roads, well maintained. Not overly twisty though but great scenery and plenty of old historical stops to check out.

Yea, the history stops really have our attention.  Printing the maps right now, then going to highlight the ones we want to hit.  I left us a ton of time to do that on the way down.