Anybody Ever Seen This Before???

donkason

Posted ImagePosted Image

I have these strange wear marks about 12 inches apart running across the left side of my tire. They are on the right hand side too but much smaller. The exact spacing between makes me wonder if its something going wrong with the tire itself more than an actual wear pattern. This rubber has 3 track days on it.

Anybody have any idea what that is?

That's a Power Pure, yeah they are "safe" but I believe Blue0636 had some delaminating issues on a rear once.  I am sure he will post in here when he stops jerking off Jbot or Todd.  

But yeah, Apch8r is right that is where the compounds seal together and at times become visible.  I would however recommend keeping an eye on that and seeing if there is any delaminating, if so, don't run that.

Typical things like this occur with every brand.  The Dunlops US front slick will get these fine line separation lines that run around the whole tire.  Normal.  Never gets bad or worse and never causes the tire to perform poorly.

Keep an eye on it and just ride the shit out of it.  I had a rear that got a bolt sucked in on the dyno and chunked the tire in a few spots.  I ran practice all day at Nelson and in the Morning the day after with zero issue...  You'll be fine.