Best Gun Holster 1911 For A 1911 When Riding

silentcropduster

Hello boys and girls,

I have a Serpa CQC holster I use. 

This one:

http://www.amazon.com/BLACKHAWK-Serpa-Sportster-Holster-Glock19/dp/B0014VVLRA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370725579&sr=8-1&keywords=serpa+holster

It is NOT comfortable to ride with. What does everybody else carry?

Any insight is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

I went small, and will never go back to a large or medium frame gun to carry. I have a Smith and Wesson 38 revolver. Mine is the bodyguard version, but any of the J frames rock. I carry it IWB left front. I'm left handed.

Totally comfortable, bike, car, suit, jeans....it don't matter.

I think the only way you will get comfortable is with a shoulder holster.

Edited by Tonik

my right hip goes numb due to the pressure from riding position when i carry the 1911 while riding (kimber pro carry 2 with a crossbreed supertuck holster) ... now the glock 30, i havent had any problem with it being worn while riding (same holster but obviously setup for the glock...

Edited by FIJI-9-Brother

I have thought about that too, but then when i take my coat off if im going out somewhere like Easton mall etc...that wouldnt jive either

Easton is a CPZ and is signed everywhere. I just don't go there. All the malls are CPZs. Polaris just isn't openly signed.

I carry a 1911 with a C5 Leather IWB holster. I do not carry on the bike (I also don't commute on the bike either). No comfortable way to carry, and if I crash the weapon is likely getting destroyed. Not to mention that on a sport bike your belt is exposed as soon as you bend over, so it defeats the purpose of concealment.

If i wanted a weapon on the bike it would be a .38 wheel gun carried in the trunk (Use foam to turn the tunk into a quazi pelican case), or in a shoulder rig. Compact and low cost while still maintaining a good punch.

Edited by BDBGoalie

I ended up getting a smaller gun for riding. I carry a Taurus tcp in a desantis pocket holster. I don't worry too much about being able to draw while on the bike because well, not a likely situation plus gloves hinder gross motor skills while not under duress, can't imagine how bad it would be all juiced up. My weapon is redily accessable while off the bike and completely concealed at all times.

Compact 1911s are finicky. The weapon really isn't that much smaller either. You lose some lenght in the barrel and slide, but the grip frame doesn't change much, and that is what really shows when carrying.

If you go for a compact/sub-compact do not get anything shorter than a 4" barrel. I'd also recommend staying with .45ACP.

The only small form factor 1911 I'd really recommend is the EMP, which is designed for concealed carry and the 9mm round.