Testing Waters-2002 Fz1

oldschoolsdime92

ohlins OES kit in front forks, Penske double rear shock (currently set up for 175 lb rider), Factory huger option (painted to match),  Factory option larger wind screen, Braided break lines, Magura Master Cylinder, LSL rear sets (with optional folding pegs), frame sliders , Greg's custom front turn signals, Devil fender eliminator with integrated turn signals (painted to match), Ivan's jet kit, Ivan's AIS removal kit. Paint is not perfect but bike is very mechanically sound. Brakes are almost new, tires have 600 miles on them( pirelli angel Gt).  

engine was replaced with a low mileage donor due to second gear going out. Bike has 35k on the clock, engine has 15k at this point. Engine had 7900 on it when installed. 

4300 or trade for nice strom. 

1347D463-55D9-4ADD-897D-FF2D48E4287F-185

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

I went from a 2001 FZ1 to a wee-strom for some of the same reasons. Big mistake for me. I sorely missed the acceleration of the inline 4 and on the strom I felt like I was constantly shifting due to the low redline. I sold it in 6 months. If I had to do it over again, I would have kept the FZ1 and bought a Strom 1K.

I read somewhere that Kawasaki has a Versys 1000 which has an inline 4 tuned for adventure riding. That sounds nice.

GLWS

I went from a 2001 FZ1 to a wee-strom for some of the same reasons. Big mistake for me. I sorely missed the acceleration of the inline 4 and on the strom I felt like I was constantly shifting due to the low redline. I sold it in 6 months. If I had to do it over again, I would have kept the FZ1 and bought a Strom 1K.

I read somewhere that Kawasaki has a Versys 1000 which has an inline 4 tuned for adventure riding. That sounds nice.

GLWS

You are a bigger fella than Brandt, but yeah you are not going to get Multistrada acceleration from either Vstrom. The 1000 does move down the road pretty good and has a nice power hit, the new 1000 that is coming out looks very nice. The Versys 1000 is just butt ugly IMHO, and is 100% pure street bike compared to a Vstrom. I have seen many Strom riders frustrate or embarrass sport bike riders, but we all know that is more rider than machine. 

Ride one first if you can. It's a shame that it's hard to get a test ride on something you are going to spend considerable $ on. Maybe Suzuki is doing demo days somewhere nearby soon.

*EDIT* looks like July

AMA Pro Road Racing - Mid-Ohio

July 12, 2013 - July 14, 2013

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Lexington, OH

Edited by ScubaCinci

For anyone interested, anything this guy owns is meticulously maintained and clean as a virgin meatwhistle.  The bike is in great condition and suspension work alone makes it a track worthy specimen for anyone looking into a triple duty sport/tour/track bike.

If I had room in my stable, I'd pick it up for sure.  GLWS broseph!

• Upvote 1

So mine wasn't good enough for ya?

Yours would be great for me too, we shall see what happens. Are you still interested?  Sorry to shit on your thread Brandt.............of course I know you are not actually gonna get rid of that FZ!!!

Edited by Pokey

Yours would be great for me too, we shall see what happens. Are you still interested?  Sorry to shit on your thread Brandt.............of course I know you are not actually gonna get rid of that FZ!!!

I'm still not sure. I'm not thinking so, but if someone came along and wanted it, i'd sure entertain offers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...