Bought Myself A New Yamaha- Generator That Is...

chevysoldier

I just bought this one for $900. More than I planned but it's a Ridgid with a Yamaha motor so it should be quality. 6800/8500w, Auto idle down, electric start, 1 220v plug. It also has a pull out panel (you can drag inside) with 4 110v plugs, the start/stop switch a digital gauge with hours, volts, amps, hertz and maintenance indicator. hell, it even came with a quart of oil. 3 year factory warranty, I got the 3 year extended warranty too.

It started up right out of the box. Runs smooth and fairly quiet also. Honestly, I'm extremely happy with it and expect it to last a long time. I'll update when the power goes out and I really use it for the first time.

http://homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-6-800-Watt-Yamaha-357-cc-Electric-Start-Idle-Down-Gasoline-Powered-Portable-Generator-RD906812/203183985/

Nice.  But do not plug any electronics directly into that such as computers, LCD TVs, etc.  It stated it's okay for sensitive electronics but all it has is AVR, it does not have any built in inverter.

Let us know how she run in the future!

Nice. But do not plug any electronics directly into that such as computers, LCD TVs, etc. It stated it's okay for sensitive electronics but all it has is AVR, it does not have any built in inverter.

Let us know how she run in the future!

Yeah I saw that bit I wouldn't run that sort of stuff unless it was on a surge protector.

I'm a bit depressed that the power didnt go out the other day. I would have felt better spending the money. Lol

I bought that exact one last year after the Derecho (june 29, 2012) or whatever the hell it was. We had no power for 3 days and the in laws were without for 8 days. 

Ours ran 8 straight days powering our house, then onto the in laws place. It was a little bit loud, but the thing is a beast. Cannot say enough about this generator, it literally saved our wedding since we had people in town and that storm knocked out power to their hotels, and the hair dressers place for the women. 

Good purchase

I bought that exact one last year after the Derecho (june 29, 2012) or whatever the hell it was. We had no power for 3 days and the in laws were without for 8 days.

Ours ran 8 straight days powering our house, then onto the in laws place. It was a little bit loud, but the thing is a beast. Cannot say enough about this generator, it literally saved our wedding since we had people in town and that storm knocked out power to their hotels, and the hair dressers place for the women.

Good purchase

Hell yeah, makes me feel good about getting it. I really didn't want to risk with some of brand one that may or may not last.