Speed Gone From Insight

max power

Speed (channel 73) is just fuzz now on our cable. Is it gone? Is the CBS Sports network (or whatever it is) going to be on 73?

I only watch tv in the bedroom before bed. We don't have a DVR in here so I haven't seen the guide in months.

Is racing showing up on any other channels?

I think they officially killed Speed over the weekend. It is now Fox SportsOne. Fox did this so they had another outlet to show MLB (yawn). They will still show some motorsports but most of the "reality" shows are gone.

Suprised it took this long, my Speed channel has been gone for at least 6 months. replaced it with the stupid CBS sports and it sucks! no racing really at all anymore.

Yeah wait, I have Uverse and last night Speed was on, if it goes, I would drop cable that second.  Wife watches Lifetime like it's going out of style, and those stupid vampire shows, the amish thing, and some other dumb staged crap that most normal females watch.  I watch racing, sports, and Man V. Food. 

Actually, we're dropping cable in Nov. when our 1 year contract is up, grabbing a Roku and done. 

Roku's are nice but they still don't have a lot of content that I really want to see.  You need to pay for other streaming services and what not.  I do have a netflix and hulu + accounts which I stream through the Roku.

Here's where I think Roku's are sweet.  The condo we get in Kiawah Island has some shitty 20 channel cable service.  This time I took the Roku down and used it tethered to my RAZR to watch movies and TV shows.

Edited by r1crusher

I dropped cable last year and I only miss watching Speed for my auto/motorcycle racing fix....it just isn't the same trying to watch it on my laptop.  

I do get several stations OTA on both of my TV's and can watch some sports - baseball, BB, and football - when I'm in the mood for it.  

I also have a Roku which I rarely use anymore but it's a nice option along with Netflix, Vudu, and Amazon video services on my PS3/360 - those are my primary sources of entertainment.  I also just wait for my current favorite TV show - Longmire - to be released a couple of days later on Vudu and buy the show which is still way cheaper than cable.  The other one, Justified, is free on Amazon for the seasons 1-3 with a Prime membership which has already paid for itself.  

I don't want to be at the bar every Saturday and Sunday in the fall to watch OSU and the Browns. Plus I like watching the Indians and they play almost every night.

I've been able to watch the Browns games over the antenna and more than you would if you had cable.  

Good to know R1IsuckRVTssweatyballsafterjerkingit.  Thanks for the info, we'll just go for the antenna then, as that's all the wife's family has ever had and in the end it'll save us even more.  I really watch about 1 hr a week of TV if I am lucky and once we have the kid I don't think I'll watch any.  I can get whatever I want off Youtube, especially since WSBK is on there now, or just stream stuff on my laptop when it's on.  Or head to a neighbors or friends I guess.