Private Transaction Q

Bad324

When you sell a firearm private in ohio the rule is to an ohio resident that isn't under a firearm disability. Seeing a CHL is an easy way to do your due diligence that they are not under a disability. I think that is why many people do it.

+1. That's all I ask when I sell. A bill of sale with a name and all I care is to see that they have a CHL. A DL is sufficient, but with a CHL it confirms they are a law abiding individual.

I've bought the same way in the past, a simple bill of sale with buyer and sellers name and we both showed CHL. Cash, shook hands and boom.

There are simple and easy forms on-line for transfer between citizen and citizen. It's for both parties to protect themselves. Some cities also have them, since some local laws require them.

Edited by ReconRat

There are simple and easy forms on-line for transfer between citizen and citizen. It's for both parties to protect themselves. Some cities also have them, since some local laws require them.

Those local laws are completely invalid. ORC 9.86 took all gun regulation away form the locals other than basics like no discharge and no hunting.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/gp9.68

Edited by Tonik

Those local laws are completely invalid. ORC 9.86 took all gun regulation away form the locals other than basics like no discharge and no hunting.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/gp9.68

Yes, I should have said some antique defunct local ordinances, that were never taken off the books.