Rally New England Donations For Team Mojoe

Mojoe

BC3A6BE4-C10D-4FED-9420-375BBB304B77-546

30693D75-AAA9-4F89-AD34-ED0D2FEF9BAA-546

As some of you may know, Rally North America does several charity rally's throughout the year to benefit a needy cause. Next month is their New England Rally. In the past, there have been several teams from Columbus, Ohio to raise money. However this year, I believe we are the only team. This is a 3 day rally starting in Ithica, New York and ending in St Johns, New Brunswick, Canada. My hope is that OR can show their support by donating to this event, even if we aren't able to have more cars go to it.

This year we are supporting Camp Sunshine.
http://www.campsunshine.org/

Camp Sunshine provides help and hope to children with life-threatening illnesses and their immediate families through various stages of a child’s illness.

We are actually driving to the camp in Maine to visit the kids there and let them see the cars.
OR, I'm asking for any help you can spare to support this cause. All funds go to the camp. I'm paying all the operating cost to run the rally for our team. What I'm asking is, please donate anything you can spare to help these kids. I will be posting pics and vids from the rally so you can follow along the way, as best I can.

Ben (Casper) has already made arrangements to make a donation on behalf of OR. I will be sporting some OR decals on the car for the event as well. This is much appreciated.

The link below is set up for donations. All donations go directly to the cause. I touch none of it. Thanks for reading and for your support.

https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/joedesrochers/rallynewengland

More info about the Rally:  http://www.rallynorthamerica.com/

Edited by Mojoe

Thanks Brandon. We were the first car in, on the first day last last year. Hoping for some good navigating to repeat that.

Also, fyi, this rally kicks off with a few laps on Watkins Glenn race track.  We are pretty excited to do this.

Edited by Mojoe
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just so everyone knows, I donated $100 from the OR fund and a couple t-shirts to the cause. This is a great charity, and Joe is a great guy. He'll be rocking two huge Ohio Riders stickers on his car as well. Definitely looking forward to the pics. :)

Thanks for doing this, Joe.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

So last night the car triggered a fault code. It has done it before with temp change. Given we are up north a bit I thought that might be the issue. Problem is, my Cobb access port that I use to reset the code, won't link with the car now. Basically, the car in in stock setting with no maps and all the lights in the dash flashing. Also, no cruise control. I'm reinstalling the software to the access port now, in hopes this does the trick and allows it to talk to the car, and reset the code. Even if I lose the tune and run the car on stock set up, I'm ok with that.

Fingers crossed for today. This is the actual first day of the rally. 

The drive yesterday was AWESOME!! The back roads are very fun for a spirited drive. I like to take a route that gets us off the main path everyone else might be taking. Yesterday proved that will get us there, just not in the lead. But, I know we had more fun than most. 

Last night we picked up my Dad. I can't tell you guys how much I have been looking forward to him riding with us on this. I really don't care about placing in the rally. I got Dad in the car and we are doin a road trip.

Today we will be heading from Rutland, VT up to Maine. We will be stopping by Camp Sunshine to see the kids up there, and let them see the cars. Our attire today will be Super Hero t-shirts. I have Superman, my Fiance has Wonder Woman(with cape), and Dad will be rocking Captain America. As much as it will be tough to see these kids, knowing they are so sick, it will be awesome to be part of making them smile. 

We didn't do many pic's yesterday, but we will work on that today and post some up. Thanks again for the support and following along.

Day two, Rutland, Vermont to ....... Somewhere around cosco, Maine. It's all a blur now. Had so many points to hit yesterday, which made for constant navigation that span over three states. Damn , we were tired last night.

So we picked up my dad and the rally starts. He's just along for the ride, chillin in the back seat. We get the first clue and its kicking our ass. We have had to find a lot of waterfalls this trip. We have a picture of it and no cell signal to search the web. Al we know is its in the Green Mountain forest. We decide to head that way and hope to get service al LNG the way and refine the location. Like 15 minutes into us searching and getting frustrated, Dad says, "sounds like your heading to Texas Falls". He then proceeded to give a 10 minute history lesson on how the owner is the only one to ever give 3 Christmas trees to Washington and all kinds of info on the guy. You don't interupt Dad, and we did have the time to drive still, so he went on for a bit. Then he gave us turn by turn directions. Telling us which roads would be washed out from all the rain and which would have too much traffic this time of day. Mind you, these are all rural routes. As we are driving, Dad's in the back saying how he hasn't been out this way in 10+ years and pointing this out. It was awesome!!

Cell service for the day was hit and miss. Navigating and searching needs to be done where you have signal, then drive. Dad can't know them all. We found our points, though we choose not to drive to them all. We really wanted to head to Camp Sunshime and see the kids.

Last year we raised money and drove the tires off the car. And that was fun. This year; so we are pulling up the road to the camp and the is a sign staked in the ground that says "Thank you!" We were like, that's cool, they made a sign. Nope, it's more than that. Every 50' or so was a sign staked in the ground. There were over 80 Rally teams, and the kids made signs with all the teams names on them that line the road as far as you could see. I couldn't even talk. It was pretty moving. When we saw our name on the sign we were like little kids ourselves. Then, as we pulled into the camp, the kids could hear rumble of the exhaust through the tree lined road, they all we clapping and cheering as we pulled in. WOW!! It was truly great to be part of helping something like this. There is a selfishness to the rally. You think "I" get to go play in the car for a few days. That was all gone when we pulled in and parked. We saw the kids and met and hung out with them. They were shy, most of them. I wish I had the time to share the details of everything. Summing it up robs it of value and great experance. However, it's time to rally. Day three.

CD6EB09B-18CB-4F00-9BB1-15C0E2F110C9-452

Day three was a looooong day. We mapped it out and decided to enjoy the area we were in vs racing through it. We have not been running this rally along. From Columbus we have been paired up with Eric, not sure his name on here, and his lady. We have made great friends with them, and look forward to hanging out more in Columbus.

So we are Lobster on the bay in Maine. Went to some really rare lens in a light house, then pointed the cars north east even more, for Saint Jonhs, New Brunswick, Canada. Our group of four cars went through with a simple, come inside and let us run your info. We were all good and rolled out. Literally from when we crossed the boarder to when we got to St Johns, there was nothing but water and wilderness. The roads were new and it was a nice hour'ish drive in. We had already said there will be no spending in Canada, but I will admit, highway 1 was tempting. We got in about 830 pm and everyone was beat. Many cars were still out, so they pushed the awards ceremony to 11pm.

Today we head back. For us, we drive solo back to Vermont to drop off my dad. He had a great time. In fact, he's still sleeping, and he is always up by 6am. Haha. I'm so glad we brought him in on this. Yesterday was the first time he had ever been on a drag strip. He said it has been exciting. Dad doesn't get out much back home.

Still a lot of driving to go. The Subaru will roll over 100,000 miles tomorrow. The car has been great. I do think it is time to replace the original clutch though. Well deserved and served a long life.

Thanks again for the support and reading along with our trip.