Pirc Track Day 6/30

Jester_

Took a video about half way through the novice open session at the end of the day, if anyone on here was in novice I probably got some video of you at some point. This was my first track day and I had a blast. I dont think the ol VFR did to bad for being a ST.

Looking good!

One quick observation though - I watched the entire video, and you seem to "over finish" turn 6 every lap.  You're turning in for 7 from the far left side of the track, which is not really necessary.  You want to carry more speed through 6, and then turn-in for 7 from about mid-track.

What you're doing isn't "wrong," but it can put you out in the bumps in 7, and you will get passed on the outside of 6 and inside of 7 ALL DAY LONG in Intermediate and Advanced if you continue to run that line.

Give it a try some time.  You just have to trust your turn-in marker for 7.  The blind entry can definitely be scary.

Have any advice on 10 and 11? I try to double apex it if I can but not sure if that's the rights thing to do.

When you find out, let some of us "veteran" riders know. :D Glad to see you out there and having a good time! The more the merrier.

Have any advice on 10 and 11? I try to double apex it if I can but not sure if that's the rights thing to do.

10 was never my strongest part of the track.

Some of the guys running in the :58 range enter 10 in 2nd gear.  I feel like that totally kills your entry speed, but entering in 3rd kind of kills your drive out.  May have been a gearing issue.  I did 3rd and let it bog a bit.

You're letting off before the second kink on the back straight.   With more confidence, you'll be able to hold it wide open there until the brake markers.  Right now, your speedometer is reading higher on the front straight than the back, which shouldn't be the case.  

I was told by someone else that you can go through that wide open. But I wasn't comfortable hitting the bumps on the outside and to be honest had to get used to how the bike reacted going around a turn at speeds that high. Maybe next time I'll try it.

We were also only allowed to pass on the straights so I tried to back off so I could get a run coming out of the turn since most of the bikes there were quicker than mine in the straights.

Thank you, was my first track day but sure wont be my last.

That's what I wanted/expected to hear!

Hitting either of those kinks on the back wot on your first track day in novice with textile gear on is insane, you should be proud haha

Looks like you would be more than fine mixing it up in intermediate!

PS buy some leathers.