7/13-14/13 Neo

Kent2406

I think I might be down for this little soiree.

Tpoppa, if you are in for this for sure let me know.  I can swing by, meet you and we can head down together.  I'll be coming from Shefftucky Lake.

OK, there's a group meeting at the Bolivar DQ at 9, wheels rolling by 9:30.  The plan is to take the fun route to Marietta.  The trip back will include 26 and 800 with a few other good ones thrown in, maybe 260 or 556.

I can lead.  I'll be on a new bike so the pace will be moderate.  I'll probably have to mess with the suspension settings at some point.   

We'll have the usual pre ride talk in Bolivar so everyone knows what to expect.  Different paces are fine as long as everyone is willing to ride within their limits.  We'll count bikes at stops...no one gets left behind.

Edited by Tpoppa

I think I might be down for this little soiree.

Tpoppa, if you are in for this for sure let me know.  I can swing by, meet you and we can head down together.  I'll be coming from Shefftucky Lake.

I'm taking the boring route to Bolivar, turnpike to 77.

oh man I wanna make this so bad! I don't mind being the slow poke either :lol:

IF I can make it I know I'd have to split off early and come back to the office on my way home to do next weeks payroll since I'll be on vacation. 

oh man I wanna make this so bad! I don't mind being the slow poke either :lol:

IF I can make it I know I'd have to split off early and come back to the office on my way home to do next weeks payroll since I'll be on vacation. 

I plan to be back tot the Cleveland area 4:30ish.  There are places to break off and catch 800 or 83 back north.

Edited by Tpoppa

oh that would be pretty darn perfect. My office is in Massillon so it'll be a nice break of slabbing home for me

As of now its looking like there is a 75% chance I can make it. I should be able to get done all I need to between this evening and Sunday before we leave. I'll be sure to post up in the morning if I'll be there for sure or not

Edited by Bad324

I'm taking the boring route to Bolivar, turnpike to 77.

I don't care how we get there honestly.  We'd have to leave around 730 I'd guess to get there by 9.

I wonder if my EZ Pass would work through a tank bag I have....hhhmmm....

Since there will be a handful that I haven't ridden with before, here are the basic group ride guidlines (pretty much all common sense):

• You do not talk about Fight Club :)
  • Wear Gear.
  • Ride within YOUR limits.  Group rides tend to get the adrenaline pumping, don't let yourself get sucked into riding too fast.  Crashing is forbidden. 
  • I won't be riding particularly fast on straights.  I will carry as much corner speed as conditions/confidence allow.
  • At times the group will get spread out through curves & by traffic.  If you lose touch with the rider in front of you, catch up in the straights.  Don't ride beyond your limits trying to catch up in the corners or by late braking.
  • We count bikes at stops and when turning onto a new road.  No one gets left behind.  Let someone know if you need to break off.  Otherwise we'll be looking for you and will be posting lots of mean things about you later. 
  • No passing each other in corners and only to adjust the ride order.
  • Pass traffic when you are able.  You aren't glued to the rider ahead & don't have to pass together.
  • We do the speed limit in towns.  If we have any LEO encounters there's a 99% chance they will happen in towns where the speed limit drops below 55.

We'll need an experienced sweep...any volunteers? 

Edited by Tpoppa

I'm gonna try and make this. Not sure yet, because the kids are with their mom this weekend and I have two dogs with explosive diarrhea. If the poop spray settles down tonight, I'm in. I'd have to peel off early though. I don't think I can make the full loop without coming back home to a shit-storm or a poo-nami. 

• Upvote 1

Since there will be a handful that I haven't ridden with before, here are the basic group ride guidlines (pretty much all common sense):

• The group will get spread out through curves & by traffic.  If you lose touch with the rider in front of you, catch up in the straights.  Don't ride beyond your limits trying to catch up in the corners or by late braking.

I watched someone do this in the Epic OR ride and he broke his collarbone. Just sayin'. Playing catch up in the straights for some people leads to too much speed in the corners.

Has anyone been on 77 south of Canton lately? Just heard in the office that its all a mess. Now this is coming from a dude I can only describe as "special" or "different". Great worker but sometimes he doesn't seem all there.

Anyhow he said something about it being a clusterfuck of kind of torn up, construction zone and different level lanes. Said it took him forever to travel the section between 30 and Dover (just south of Bolivar). Said North isn't much better so can anyone confirm this?

Edited by Bad324

Has anyone been on 77 south of Canton lately? Just heard in the office that its all a mess. Now this is coming from a dude I can only describe as "special" or "different". Great worker but sometimes he doesn't seem all there.

Anyhow he said something about it being a clusterfuck of kind of torn up, construction zone and different level lanes. Said it took him forever to travel the section between 30 and Dover (just south of Bolivar). Said North isn't much better so can anyone confirm this?

I was just on it Saturday without issue. It did look freshly paved in some areas, and somewhere past Dover/Bolivar it goes up to 70mph which no one seems to notice as well. I'd only be concerned with rt.8 under 76, I know they're doing construction there but I haven't gone through it so I'm not sure how bad it is.

I'll ride sweep, Tony. No worries.

You won't get lost and you certainly won't outrun me. I'll make sure you get where you're supposed to go.

:) See you guys tomorrow.

Yea after about 3 phone calls and 30 wasted mins you won't be lost :lol:

Well...looks like you can't receive any PM's Poppa.

Just looking to figure out when you are going to punch out tomorrow morning.  We could buzz down on the slab.

Give me a call if you can/want.  44zero.77three.sixzerozero1

South of 30, coming down the hill before Bolivar, south bound lanes are using the shoulder and right lane, and the north bounds are using one on the north side and the south bound fast lane. No backups, traffic moves smoothly.

I'm betting that Tpoppa is the slowest. He's riding a 600. Might as well wear a dress, too. :)

Screw you man! I'm on a 600 and I'll wear my dress if I want to! And I ain't shaving my fucking legs either!