Looking For A Roommate In Columbus

APCh8r

Some of you may know, however for those of you that don't know I've recently accepted a job with Ohio State sports medicine. Thus I will be moving back up to Columbus by September 1 and I am currently looking for apartments. I was currently looking at two bedroom apartments with a garage and have a couple in mind. However in order to make this work financially I would need a roommate. I was looking to see if there is one that is currently looking for a place or a roommate that would be interested. Mainly looking in the Upper Arlington and Grandview area.

Thanks,

Nick

Edited by APCh8r

What is your budget by yourself?

My apt in grandview was only 725 for 2 bedroom with garage. If you look, you can find them. Especially now.

I would be willing to spend that...I looked over by your old place but couldn't find anything. Looking to stay around 700

Is rent really that high now? Hell my mortgage is only $810 a month for 20 years

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Frederick town is also a long way a way from downtown columbus in a known good area.

Is rent really that high now? Hell my mortgage is only $810 a month for 20 years

you live in the boonies don't you? Shit my property tax alone is half that a month :nono:

Holy fuck, I'm getting raped for a big 2 bd/2 bath apartment and two 2 car garages (garages are separate from the rent) compared to what you guys are paying down in C-Bus. 

Holy fuck, I'm getting raped for a big 2 bd/2 bath apartment and two 2 car garages (garages are separate from the rent) compared to what you guys are paying down in C-Bus. 

I remember rent being pretty high in the Uniontown/Green area when I was living up that way. Jackson twp is a little less expensive cuz there are a ton of rental properties there.

You are going to be a baller' just buy an entire block in upper arlington and live in one of the houses.

Not quite, you guys forget my doctorine is in physical therapy...I am not a physician

• 2 weeks later...

i MIGHT be moving back up there.. I left in DEC 2011 and I was up there in June for interviews etc and talked to friend who was thinking about a roommate but he backed out and never heard anything on jobs so i put it on hold. I was told yesterday i need to be out of the place I'm at now soon. (i live with my sis and BIL) So unless i can find a permanent job here i will be coming back up there....

my mortgage is about that (no idea on the exact number, because we just throw $1k/month at it...), but unless it's your "forever house," i'm not convinced it's worth it to buy.

I like building equity in my house, but in the 4 years we've been here, I've bought a new garage door and opener, a central AC unit, insulated the entire attic, put a new roof on, purchased appliances, and otherwise sunk a bunch more money into the house that I'm not even remembering.  I'd say that we're CONSERVATIVELY putting $2500/year into the house, so go ahead and add another $200/month onto my average mortgage payment.

Nothing wrong with renting. Especially when you're single.