I Need A New Garage! Know Someone That Builds Them?!?!

TwiztedRabbit

Hey all.. Last year the wife and I bought  a home.. gorgeous home. but it was built in the 60's and has a detatched 1 car garage that was well built in the 60's this is not working for me.. when we bought the place the garage was appraised with the home and inspected.. they stated that it was in good condition but the slab was in poor. it has  deep running cracks and it has sunk quite a bit. it concerns me having 4 motorcycles in there. I would like to turn it into a 2 car garage.  I have the room In the backyard but I don't know anyone that can do the work. I know nothing about this kind of stuff.. please help if you know of anyone that could do this kind of work. I don't mind helping. or just paying hah. I don't know what kind of permits I need and so on. thanks

I'm not sure about pouring the slab but my dad is a mason and is looking for side work right now. I know he knows how to pour concrete but I dont think he wants to do more than sidewalks. But he can probably point you in the right direction on getting it poured. If you want a block/brick garage hes going to be your guy but that depends on what you want to pay. He's been in masonry at least 30yrs. If you want his information pm me.

I had a garage built on our property six years ago by Wooddell Builders. They're based in Westerville. If you don't want to try to do part of it yourself, he's a good choice. Very professional, laid out all my options and the costs, got it done on time, didn't leave a mess, etc.He took care of all the permits, too. Phone is 614.891.8477. I haven't had a single complaint or problem. Probably not your cheapest option, but maybe the easiest.

Two words: "bonded" and "insured."

I would have somebody pour the slab, then do the framing and all that myself. Maybe pay for someone to shingle it, but even that isn't too hard.

The Internet can teach you just about anything. Building permits can be applied for at city hall, if not online.

Little bit of advice: garages are like trailers. You will fill it no matter how big it is. Go 2.5 car garage, if not even bigger...