Blue Lights

polarity

What's the law in ohio about riding with blue light on your bike? I got some new headlights that have the "demon eye" which glows blue when the projectors are not on. Is it illegal to ride around with a solid blue light on (not strobing or flashing)?

thanks

I looked it up, because I have blue accent lights on my bike, and the way I read the law is Flashing blue is bad solid blue is not talked about.  Talking to LEO's and I got most would pull me over and depending on my attitude I may or may not get a ticket. I have had mine on and passed LEOs with out issue was well.

On another note, I had a friend a few years back get a ticket for blue LEDs on her windshield washer fluid jets on her hood.  I don't recall if they flashed or not, but the Westerville LEO made he pop the hood and cut the wires to them right there on the side of the road as well as the ticket. 

Back in the day when they were first getting popular blue lights would get quite a few people in trouble because the law was not clear on them and Leo's saw them as reserved for them alone. Now, as long as they are not flashing and you see more of the glow versus the actual light, they don't care as much.

I vaguely remember a law that said the only colors allowed to be projected (or displayed or something) on the front of a vehicle were white and amber. The only colors allowed for the rear were red amber and white.

I'm a LEO, as long as they are soild  - not strobing, flashin, blinking etc - no ones going to mess with you. I'm talking about auxiliary or accent lights tho. If your using blue halo's around ur beams - I guess as long as they aren't the primary source for lighting the roadway and don blind anybody - I wouldnt see an issue with it.

Then again there is a lot of gray area in the law. I did take a quick look @ my ORC and cant find jack about it being against the law as long as they aren't strobing, flashing, or blinking.

I used to have green turn signals in my ranger about 10 years ago. The only person that had an issue was an overweight University of Toledo cop. He pulled me over twice. First time was verbal warning, i ignored it. About a month later he pulled me over again and added that i was driving recklessly; this was after he pulled a u-turn in the middle of the busy 4 lane road right by the university. Written warning this time and said if saw me again, he would impound it. I doubted him but didn't want to deal with his superiority complex. Both times i was driving straight, not turning so they were not blinking.